S.C. Sheriff says get a CWP

This is a discussion on S.C. Sheriff says get a CWP within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We need more like him,,,, tells people to get a concealed carry permit. Article and video of news conference: Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm ...

Thread: S.C. Sheriff says get a CWP

S.C. Sheriff says get a CWP

We need more like him,,,, tells people to get a concealed carry permit.

Article and video of news conference:
    Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville

even tells everyone about the Taurus Judge.

2. Remove Ads

Sheriff Chuck Wright for President !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh The Times They Are Ah Changin

First off, she needs a larger, meaner dog! Second, she should arm herself. I thin the Sheriff has the right idea!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I like the way that sheriff thinks.
    Great advice...:hans9:
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    Yup, he is a smart guy
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    We need more of these kind of people.

Why don't the Sheriff arrange a hit on this dirt bag, he should be able to !! 3s rule may apply here.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

I hope to convince my wife that she needs to CC. Right now she just packs pepper spray....bust she did pack back in the 90's after hurricane andrew in Miami.
    Exercise your 2nd amendment rights....not doing so jeopardizes that right for everyone.

Listen, I am all for the Sheriff being pro-carry. But don't forget his office gets to spend the $$$ you pay to get the permit. My county Sheriff is pro carry too. And he is a great guy (I have met him several times), but as a "may issue" state I find it interesting our county alone has 66,000 permits issued each year at $10 each. So he gets to add $660,000 to his annual budget.

Anyone take the Survey in the sidebar associated with the story?

How do you feel about concealed weapons?

Choice Votes Percentage
    I already carry one 20,228 62%

I am going to get a CWP 11,245 34%

I wouldn't carry a weapon 1,404 4%

Read more: Greenville News, Greenville, South Carolina Local News and Headlines - WYFF Greenville's Channel 4
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

He isn't the first LEO, Sheriff, Capt. or even Mayor, of a Town, City, or County, to say this; "Arm and protect yourselves people, because we can't be there to always help you!"

There have been others like him who have suggested too, that their citizens legally arm themselves because they can't be everywhere. And with all the budget cuts and LEO's getting laid off who can blame them. You can't carry a Police Officer in your pocket.

Alright, lets get real here, anyone can roam that said park. Like the Sheriff said no one walks around with a sign saying I'm up to no good beware I'm going to get you. And so the Police patrol that said park. But it isn't limited to that park. Once the Police leave an area they are patrolling be it a park, a street, or a neighborhood, it is no longer secured once they leave, and now, you are on your own.

Do you have one sitting in your living room with you right now? Do BG`s do home invasions?

I heard a knock at the door one afternoon, opened it and there was a guy standing there.
    He said: "Good afternoon sir, FBI statistics say that home owners who have a monitored security system are less likely to have their homes broking into, could I interest you in having one installed today?"
    I said: "I already have one."
    And gave out one sharp whistle, and up popped Bruce my large Germain Shepherd. As he lumbered up to us I held up my hand and he sat down about 15 feet away and said: "Woolf...!"
    He took three steps back and said: "Yes ... I see you do!!"
    I said: "Nooo ... that's not it!"
    I gave out two more sharp whistles and around the corner came Bruce`s girlfriend Sally a larger Belgian Malinois! She walked up and sat down next to Bruce, nudged his ear and in her deeper voice said:"Wooolf!
    I said: "Now there's my security system sir!!"
    He said: "Yep ... you sure do, have a nice day!!" and he turned and walked away

You are on a trip. You pull into a rest stop on the highway. There is a sign that sez "Security Provided". You notice a State Highway Patrol Officer sitting in his vehicle in the parking lot, so you feel securer going into the bathroom.

Does that mean that 175+ feet away, inside one of the restrooms, there isn't some dirt-bag inside waiting for you? Could be. Can that officer see through the walls? NO!!!

Now if that LEO was sitting right outside the entrance of the restrooms, and could see everyone going in and out, it would make it easier too, notice anyone suspicious going into or out of.

But still he can't physically see inside those restrooms and something could go wrong. If that is what you would consider being a bit paranoid then so be it, because it could and sometimes does happen. Will it? Let us all hope it doesn't happen to us, but realities say it can, so someplace at sometime it will.

Take that poor lady walking her dog in that safe park to heart. Unfortunately, she is a prime example of what can happen anywhere today, and that makes me sick to my stomach!!!

They may not be the Walking Dead Zombies we see on TV, but there are Walkers out there that are damn close and just as dangerous, if not more too!! So Be Safe Out There and Watch Your Backside Folks ...

That sheriff is right on the money, don't depend on anyone to defend you, cops can't be everywhere.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Listen, I am all for the Sheriff being pro-carry. But don't forget his office gets to spend the $$$ you pay to get the permit. My county Sheriff is pro carry too. And he is a great guy (I have met him several times), but as a "may issue" state I find it interesting our county alone has 66,000 permits issued each year at $10 each. So he gets to add $660,000 to his annual budget.
    Far as I can tell Chuck's Department doesn't get any of the money that is paid for Permits. They are issued by the State Law Enforcement division here in SC, not the local LE agencies. I don't think that enters into Chuck's thought process here at all.

Links