no guns allowed signs in madison wi and surrounding areas. post where you have seen

This is a discussion on no guns allowed signs in madison wi and surrounding areas. post where you have seen within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering what buisnesses have posted signs. First one i know of is harbor freight verona rd madison....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Elk Hunter

Thread: no guns allowed signs in madison wi and surrounding areas. post where you have seen

no guns allowed signs in madison wi and surrounding areas. post where you have seen

Just wondering what buisnesses have posted signs.

First one i know of is harbor freight verona rd madison.

2. Remove Ads

mel
    I welcome Wisconsin in to the 21st century. That said, make a stand and let businesses know that their posting means they are losing your business. We all make decisions, and businesses do as well. Let them know that BAD guys love to see those signs, and that they might as well go rent some of the big spotlights letting them know it is open season on their business.

They may be highly used at first, but typically .... after 2-3 yrs they start to dwindle off. The more you make it known you won't bring your business there while it's posted, and the more people that let them know that, the more likely they are to take the sign down.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I was making a donation at Goodwill last week and noticed they have a no weapons sign posted. Hobo also has a sign. Milwaukee area, but probably the same all over the state.
    Brian
    Walther PPS
    Glock 19
    Smith & Wesson 642
    Kahr CM9
    Kel-Tec P-3AT

I ignore all signs IF I see them in advance as I always carry in Public. That said I do have many places that I just won't patronize because of their practices. I love to carry at the Malls and always wear a nice sport jacket that easily covers everything. My wife does not know when I am carrying and I don't tell her. This is a state of mind, you are either in the "I Carry" or not in that mindset. When you enter the "Carry in Public" area you need to know and practice many disciplines from why, how, what, do i and be prepared for the "What If" after an engagement. You also should have had training in how to "Shoot the Bad Guy" to the ground if necessary and how to process that process in milliseconds. CCW is not for everyone, but if you do, you better know all of the ramifications that come with firing that CCW.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

I try to avoid Madison if possible. I live north of Portage and when shopping and out and about in Portage, I haven't seen any signs yet. I carried into the motor vehicle department last week to renew my drivers license. No sign, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    They may be highly used at first, but typically .... after 2-3 yrs they start to dwindle off. The more you make it known you won't bring your business there while it's posted, and the more people that let them know that, the more likely they are to take the sign down.
    Yep, was that way in Minnesota as well... was almost impossible to walk down a sidewalk and not see one, now it's rare to find a legal one. :)

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I was in Wichita KS over Thanksgiving and noticed signs at a few stores Verizon was one that surprised me. I mentioned to my sister-in-law that it seemed there were more no gun signs in Wichita than I notice in Colorado. She said they make you safer, too many people that shouldn't have guns have guns. I mentioned that those same people who should not have guns ignore the signs. She did not respond.
    Eagleks likes this.

Links