Leave my gun where???

This is a discussion on Leave my gun where??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So today me and the wife are out and about running the usual Saturday errands and she says "oh pull into the post office" so ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Leave my gun where???

Leave my gun where???

So today me and the wife are out and about running the usual Saturday errands and she says "oh pull into the post office" so I pull in and park and tell her I'll wait in the car... Federal building. Wrong response lol so I had to lock the glock in the glovebox and head in with her. Now I'm thinking of buying a gunvault and cable to stick under a seat or something. So my question to you guys is, what do you do in those kinda situations. And I don't wanna hear the old "don't give your business" sometimes you have to mail a letter lol
    thanks fellas.
    Semper Fi

2. Remove Ads

I have a Gunvault for those moments... the lock and key one, nothing special but it's better than nothing. I have it cabled to the seat mount and locked at all times.

My dilemma with this is, I don't want to unload my pistol before heading into the post office. Is it now a problem to leave a loaded handgun locked in the car?

Why unload your pistol? If the car gets stolen or broken into. They have the gun and ammo anyways. No need to unload in my opinion.
    Semper Fi

Here's an alternative perspective: Avon couple volunteers for gun-rights fight | VailDaily.com

U.S. Postal Service prohibits firearms on their property, including parking lots
    U.S. District Senior Judge Richard Matsch earlier this month dismissed a Postal Service motion to dismiss the case. That means the next step is a scheduling conference in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I have a Gunvault for those moments... the lock and key one, nothing special but it's better than nothing. I have it cabled to the seat mount and locked at all times.
    I have one of those safes also. What I don't like is the contortions you have to go through if you wish to hide the fact you are disarming in your car.

Michael

Just stik it in the glovebox, lock your doors, and do your business...... drive a clunker like me n no one will wanna steal it anyways, lol ,... jk / guess i am just too used to living out here where i am, to worry about someone breaking in a car. heck, the police set up a sting a couple of weeks ago, leaving a flat screen tv and some more items in the back of a truck,,,,,, all they caught was some donut time....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Don't make it a chore. Just put it in the glovebox or under the driver's seat, do your business and off you go.

Not married, I don't have to worry about it. If I can't put it in a drive up drop box, it doesn't get mailed.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

If you're going to leave it in the car, definitely lock it up. I have a small Stack-On security box in my truck ($30 at Academy), cabled to the seat for when I go to work. No sense making it easy for the BG.
    1354 (1).jpg

Cabelas has stack on pistol safes for $25, It uses a key, has some pre drilled mounting holes.
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Quote Originally Posted by McDonaldUSMC View Post
    So today me and the wife are out and about running the usual Saturday errands and she says "oh pull into the post office" so I pull in and park and tell her I'll wait in the car... Federal building. Wrong response lol so I had to lock the glock in the glovebox and head in with her. Now I'm thinking of buying a gunvault and cable to stick under a seat or something. So my question to you guys is, what do you do in those kinda situations. And I don't wanna hear the old "don't give your business" sometimes you have to mail a letter lol
    thanks fellas.
    VA law does not require you to unload OR lock the gun while in your car, I stick mine in my console if I REALLY have to disarm to go somewhere. You've got 2 locked doors.
    McDonaldUSMC and rdpG19 like this.

VIP Member
    I have a key lock gun vault that is cable locked to the drivers seat track. To be honest, I only use it if I am going to be gone for an extended period. For a quick in and out, I just slip it into the center console and lock the truck. Unfortunately by law you can't even do that in the parking lot of the Post Office, unless the Post Office is sharing the parking lot with non-federal government entities.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    I hate these threads about "prohibited" yet unsecured areas; I always feel like it is someone trying to goad others into making a statement like Wynn's. As for me I'll maintain plausible deniability.
    Agreed. I once told this guy I worked with something similar. I knew he had a CHL and we both knew it was against company policy to carry at work. One time he asked if I thought he carried into the building. I told him, "Honestly, I don't want to know. That gives me plausible deniability if H.R. ever comes asking me about it." Not that I really cared if he carried. Honestly, I hoped it did since I was too afraid to and that'd be at least one armed good guy.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

I have one of those Gun Vault Micro versions, 3 digit combination type. The vault is ok, but the cable broke. Gives me a lot of faith in them.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links