Will Illinois finally come around.

This is a discussion on Will Illinois finally come around. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With one of the two hold outs, Wisconsin coming into the fold with concealed carry that leaves Illinois left as the lone holdout that offers ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Will Illinois finally come around.

Will Illinois finally come around.

With one of the two hold outs, Wisconsin coming into the fold with concealed carry that leaves Illinois left as the lone holdout that offers not possiblity of concealed carry.

I don't want to get into some of the other states that are pretty restrictive, or various other rules.

This is just tossed out there to see what folks opinions are regarding whether or not IL will eventually make the transition. I know that Chicago is a large reason for the current sitation, but hopefully IL residents will start taking a bit more control over their future.

We have been on a roll here lately with some good CHL laws being passed, Castle Doctrine being implemented, and various other things that are pro 2A. Will Illinois follow in this trend?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

I think it's far more likely that they'll be forced into it by SCOTUS than adopt it willingly.

VIP Member
    One way or be other. I suspect the legislature will beat the courts to it so they can retain some control over the process. Time will tell.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I'd sure like to see it happen... I don't think Rahm will allow it... I know he's "just the Mayor," and doesn't control the state.... riiiiiight.

Before I left my hometown Chicago the first time, my uncle in Texas sent me a shotgun, through the mail! Before I left it permanently, there was a trap/and/or skeet range right on the lake in the city. I bought my first .22 rifle in Illinois at the Blue Island gun shop (IIRC)... It was huge and they had a big polar bear in the front of the store..

But of course, if you let guns and the bearing of them become legal again.. Al Capone will move back from Florida and you know what that means.... oh wait... never mind...

I hope they join the rest of the country.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

If we can push Chicago's political machine into Lake Michigan and hold it under, then, no, Illinois will never be able to change their firearm laws to reflect what most of the United States will do.

According to my wife ( she is from Springfield, IL) Chicago rules Illinois. Many of the folk there though are firearm friendly and would love to see Chicago lose it's influence in lawmaking.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Please pray for Us!!!

Way back when I loved to ride my Harley to Illinois so I could remove my helmet and ride free. We finally, with a great struggle, managed to get our busy body legislature and governor to repeal the Wisconsin helmet law. I still can't ride to Upper Michigan (or spend money there) because I refuse to drag a helmet with me when I ride in northern Wisconsin and Minnesota. Now with the planets aligned perfectly, Wisconsin finally passed a fairly good concealed carry law. And listening to the whiny anti gun kooks was really amusing. I do wish the people of Illinois well in the quest for concealed carry. But it took a Supreme Court ruling just to extend the 2nd Amendment to Chicago. I think the struggle will be much harder than it was in Wisconsin which at least allowed guns. I'm sure it will happen someday. Good luck Bimmer14.

I think if the Chicago political influence wasn't there , Illinois would have been there long ago. However with it, it will eventually happen.... but not without them dragging their feet and screaming the whole way.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

It's a long shot. I don't think they'll pass anytime soon. Although I would be very happy if they did.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    According to my wife ( she is from Springfield, IL) Chicago rules Illinois. Many of the folk there though are firearm friendly and would love to see Chicago lose it's influence in lawmaking.
    This is 100% correct. I grew up in IL for my first 20 years, and my entire family still lives there. IL (Chicago) is about as communist as it gets in the West. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime too soon... but hopefully I'm wrong on that.

OpJ

VIP Member
    I figure Illinois will approve CC about the same time Hell freezes over.

Wisconsin legislature had approved it 2 or 3 times if I remember right. The hold up was an anti governor. Once a new Governor was in office it was passed again and signed into law. Chicago is still under the Daley machine and will be for many years to come. Until that political machine crumbles you can forget CC passing in Illinois.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    If we can push Chicago's political machine into Lake Michigan and hold it under, then, no, Illinois will never be able to change their firearm laws to reflect what most of the United States will do.
    Hey I live on the other side of the lake. Don't push them into Lake Michigan. We don't want your trash floating up on our shores.
    LM2024 and JoJoGunn like this.

Just think about it,,,,, with all the crooks in Chicago; they can't afford to let
    the good guys carry,,,,, the good might win and take over.

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Hey I live on the other side of the lake. Don't push them into Lake Michigan. We don't want your trash floating up on our shores.
    That kind of trash doesn't float!

I'll be a 78 years old man, pregnant with twin girls before "The Peoples Republic of Illinois" permits its citizens to CCW.
    LM2024 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links