I could not believe it

I could not believe it

This is a discussion on I could not believe it within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I could not be believe an employee of mine finally saw I keep in my toolbox at work,a 9mm Bersa Thunder in my socket drawer.I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I could not believe it

I could not believe it

I could not be believe an employee of mine finally saw I keep in my toolbox at work,a 9mm Bersa Thunder in my socket drawer.I keep it in a zipped up case.I run an auto salvage yard with my father and I do keep my toolbox, A Mac locked up when I do something when I am not there doing errands.Rest of my employees don't know about it yet.My father did have a word with me about it,he knows I lock it up when I am not there.I have not used it yet.

So whats the problem ?, was the employee upset about it ?. As long as the gun is kept legally there shouldn`t be a problem.

The employee thought I was crazy at first and was not upset at all.It comes in handy,I shoot out broken side glass with it if not in good shape.

If you keep the gun zipped up in a case, it sounds like the employee was being i bit nosey ?. And regardless of what he thinks, your not crazy for having a gun at work.

I'ld rather have it on me, and keep it there when I went on errands.
    joker1, ep1953 and TN_Mike like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I guess what I think is crazy,is the fact that altho MI has concealed handgun licenses why you don't have one,and carry the firearm with you,there isn't too much worse than needing a gun now,and having it in a tool chest 20 feet away
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Working in and around cars can present problems for concealment. Still I would find a way to have it on me rather than over there.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Oh, can you wait right here, I have to check something in my tool box!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I'd find a way to have it one me.
    BkCo1 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Yeah, wear it... and what gets stolen from garages? Them big MAC or Snap On toolboxes, that's what!
    joker1 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg View Post
    The employee thought I was crazy at first and was not upset at all.It comes in handy,I shoot out broken side glass with it if not in good shape.
    Not a good idea IMO. Too many things can go wrong in this situation. While you are destroying the window, where is your bullet going? What is going to happen if you hit an angled beam with your shot. Your looking at a possible ricochet or redirection of the bullet with no idea where it will end up. A 16oz hammer or a 3/4" breaker bar is a better and safer choice.

If your going to exercise your right to own a gun, you have a responsibility to do it safely. Get yourself some training. Get your carry permit, and keep your gun on you. It's no protection locked in a tool box.
    MadMac and joker1 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My only concern about the other employee is that he now knows where a gun is available--for whatever reason.
    joker1 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I do have a ccw.I got it out to reload it and he was shocked.I am a good shot thanks to practice,I hit the glass just right in the center.My father was concerned at first,said it would be easily stolen and I told him I always lock up my toolbox.

What happens when your tool box goes missing? How can you get to your pistol in a hurry when you need it? That is what they are trying to say to you. Wear the damn thing. I wear a high capacity 1911 and crawl around office furniture and climb ladders. That tiny Bersa is a piece of cake to conceal. Welcome aboard.
    Semper fi

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Find a way to carry that pistol or just forget getting it if you ever need it. I worked as a carpenter for 20+ years and carried a j frame size revolver in my front pocket every day. Figure it out or buy a pistol you can carry. Haveing ccw is worthless if you don't carry and pratice from the holster and position you carry in. Better haveing a small 380 you will carry than a 9mm you won't.
    marcclarke likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links