Rape victim speaks out about concealed carry on campuses

This is a discussion on Rape victim speaks out about concealed carry on campuses within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great arguments in the video. My wife is in this situation... she wants to carry because it is dark when she walks a mile to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rape victim speaks out about concealed carry on campuses

Great arguments in the video.

My wife is in this situation... she wants to carry because it is dark when she walks a mile to her car this time of year.
    She can carry in the car, even while on campus.... but can not bring any weapons into the building she works at... so she can not carry except too and from work in the car.
    And even then the gun would sit in the locked car, locked up and unloaded (knowing my wife).... Less than interested in that option.

Reminds me of that animated movie... "I have a great big head and little bitty arms.... I don't think this plan was very well thought out!"
    Spec likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by paching View Post
    Powerful message..It's individuals like her that have to bring their messages to the politicians who are against concealed carry. Tell them to put their daughters in her situation..I bet they might have a change of heart.
    Unfortunately, I don't think they would.

Too bad that she can't sue the College for violating her second amendment rights empowering a criminal to rape her in a gun free zone,more and more people are starting to come around and realise that a lot of laws in place "for the good of everyone" actually turn the general law abiding populace into potential victims.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Very brave woman!

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't there Gun-Free-Zone Liability Act in AZ or GA? The bill respects private property rights and allows anyone to declare a "gun-free zone." There is no cost to government. It simply attaches liability if a well-intentioned but fraudulent gun-free zone causes harm.

It sounds reasonable that business should be expected to held liable if they have chosen to be Gun-Free. It might be too costly for the businesses to pacify the Anti's agenda?

If in 2012, The GOP keeps the House and regains the Senate that would be a bill that should be on list to be voted on.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think they would.
    I agreed with you Eaglefrg. The politicians would hire armed body guards for thier daughters, and receive a gun-free exemption from the College Dean by padding his wallet. :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links