Rape victim speaks out about concealed carry on campuses

This is a discussion on Rape victim speaks out about concealed carry on campuses within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Amanda Collins, a permitted concealed carry gun owner, was brutally raped on the U. of Nevada campus because of laws that prohibited her from bringing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rape victim speaks out about concealed carry on campuses

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar

Rape victim speaks out about concealed carry on campuses

Amanda Collins, a permitted concealed carry gun owner, was brutally raped on the U. of Nevada campus because of laws that prohibited her from bringing her gun onto campus property. Due to that she was unable to defend herself from a serial rapist who went on to commit other rapes. This young woman is incredibly brave by coming forward and talking about two things people often don't wish to discuss; rape and their 2nd amendment rights.

Here is her story posted on Youtube by the NRA.

NRA News Profile: Amanda Collins - YouTube
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I like the comment: "maybe the school should put up signs that say Rape Free Zone, right next to the Gun Free Zone signs"
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Great video! I've heard some of the arguments from people against college campus carry and they are usually ridiculous. This woman explains a lot of that. It is really crazy when somebody spends so much time, effort, and money to obey the law by getting a permit before they carry a gun - only to be treated like a criminal by some people because they do. I've heard the same arguments about drunken, immature college students. But lets face it, if the student is 21 years old, passed the background checks, spent all the time and money to get a permit, it is highly unlikely to be the type of student that would be rambunctious, drunk, or irresponsible.
    surefire7 and baren like this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

The type of person who goes out and gets drunk oftentimes is the person who does not even think about defending themselves when they are that young. they still think of themselves as invincible.
    Charles07 and oneshot like this.

A couple of great (paraphrased) quotes from the video.

"When colleges are recruiting students to their campuses, they say that they attract the brightest, smartest, most successful young people. But when they they tell those same students that they can't carry a gun on campus, they say it is because the students are too immature and can't make safe, sound decisions."

"Concealed carry permit holders make responsible decisions everyday when they are carrying their guns. But when they cross the arbitary line of a college campus, are they suddenly going to start making irresponsible decisions?"

Great video. Thanks for the post. Props to the young lady who is speaking out. What an incredibly tough thing to do.
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Good post..... good for her for speaking out, challenging the naysayer's bad assumptions, and making some excellent points that are very hard for them to argue against. I applaud her.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Incredible young lady,,,, if the law was not so silly the BG would be
    dead; 1 young lady would not have died and 2 women would not
    have been rape. Thanks, Amanda Collins you deserved better.

That woman has my respect. Not only did she live through a violent attack, but she chooses to relive it to try and help others.

I hope the guy is in prison getting raped over and over and over by some big old dudes. And if congress ever passes my idea of swift justice, we can put him on the top of the list of "volunteers" for ballistics testing. First test "critical defense" vs. nugget pouch.

I am amazed at the courage of this young woman.

Sad story! School's response, issued whistles. Yep, blow your whistle until the BG rams it down your throat and continues on with whatever he has planned. Should be able to sue the school for failing to protect her after denying her the right to defend herself. Just think, if this dirtbag had AIDS, it could have been a fatal attack.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

She is a very brave woman and I admire her will. Good for her that she didn't let a horrible thing that happened to her ruin her entire life.

Very good video.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    She is a very brave woman and I admire her will. Good for her that she didn't let a horrible thing that happened to her ruin her entire life.

Very good video.
    No doubt she's scarred for life. But she's empowered now and she's in control of her fate, no longer at the mercy of the bad guy anymore.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    She is a Angel.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    In the immortal words of Mr. T, "I pity the foo" whomever tries to attack her again.
    ccman likes this.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Powerful message..It's individuals like her that have to bring their messages to the politicians who are against concealed carry. Tell them to put their daughters in her situation..I bet they might have a change of heart.
    ccman and sdprof like this.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links