Has anyone else in Wisconsin noticed our state becoming the Wild West? - Page 2

Has anyone else in Wisconsin noticed our state becoming the Wild West?

This is a discussion on Has anyone else in Wisconsin noticed our state becoming the Wild West? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Aren't there only like 58 people that live in Wyoming anyway?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Has anyone else in Wisconsin noticed our state becoming the Wild West?

Aren't there only like 58 people that live in Wyoming anyway?
    BkCo1 likes this.

Oh no there's at least 60 now I think!
    Doubledown likes this.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

At any change in gun laws this is the liberal chant.

Here we go again !
    Ignorant Liberals !

Outlaw Guns and Only Outlaws Will Have Guns !!

Does all the blood in the streets mess up the cars?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We're coming up on the 5 year anniversary of CCW here in Nebraska. The anti's are still wringing their hands and predicting murder n' mayhem.

It's genetic.
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (19202006)

Actually, yes, I have noticed several changes since Nov 1. I ran across my neighbor "Phil" at the local grocery store over the weekend wearing a cowboy hat. I greeted him with my usual "Hey Phil", his typical friendly demeanor suddenly changed to show a more aggressive posture as he corrected my greeting by saying; "Phil is dead, I've had enough of his cocoa puffs. From now on, call me the whole grain hombre"...wholegrainhombre.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    That may be true, but they're all armed, so the percentages in Wyoming are outstanding
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    They dredged up that same old tired pile of BS in every state that passed right to carry legislation. In every single one of those states, it never came to pass. but have they even once admitted that their sky is falling predictions were all a bunch of over reactionary crap? Nope.
    And the moron anti-gunners in Illinois are still saying the same stuff about why they can't ever conceive of passing the CCW laws that have been talked about there. The anti-gun position is basically one of dishonesty, hysterical emotions and
    uneducated people spewing what they dream up as "facts".
    Actually, Mike, I think they are right. In IL, the citizens are clearly not as mature, responsible, and law-abiding as the citizens of the other 56 states. For example, the Prez is obviously the best and brightest IL has to offer. Would you want HIM to have a firearm?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Question: How many that get a CC in Wisconsin will carry over 1/2 the time their out? Lets say WI (Eventually) issues 100,000 licenses. It would mean that there were 50,000 carrying on any given day/time. Given the size and population of the state it's likely that in any gathering of 1,000 people only one or two would be carrying. Not enough to significantly change the crime statistics. How do we get more of the qualified people (forget the antis) to strap on their 2nd amendment rights?
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Does all the blood in the streets mess up the cars?
    Nah... just use a good wax, rinses right off :P

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    5,686,986 Wisconsin population
    4,347,494 Voter age population
    4,000,000 Rounded down for the 18 to 21 year age range
    2,000,000 Eliminating the anties
    1,333,333 After eliminating the inelegable due to background or medical reasons

Like to see 1,000,000 with a CC lic in Wisconsin 1/2 carrying on any given day.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

what the hell folks, on any given week of thanksgiving we have 3/4 of a million people carrying guns around, does that really scare you,? not me! been around guns and hunted, and did a lot of shooting in the last 50yrs. Never had a bad situation to change my view on shooting, hunting or people carrying guns. my own opinion is now the bad guys will have to think before they act.
    altho their stupidity will sometimes lead them to a bad decision at least they are thinking instead of just acting. carrying concealed also covers electic devices, knives and other means of protection, but guns always get singled out. all will get the job done if applied properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    I hear their (BG's) moving from Madison and Milwaukee to Chicago. Just across the birder and safer there for the BG's
    Now if we could address the welfare issue.....here in Wisconsin. Specifically Milwaukee County.

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    We're coming up on the 5 year anniversary of CCW here in Nebraska. The anti's are still wringing their hands and predicting murder n' mayhem.

It's genetic.
    Yep. And they will continue with that mindset indefinitely, and when any isolated incidents of gun violence occur they will point to it as an example of why we can't be trusted to safely carry. Never mind the fact that very rarely does an incident occur with someone LEGALLY carrying. It doesn't matter to the anti's who was involved or what the circumstances were. Like it or not, we will always be under a microscope. Our actions will always be under scrutiny, and we will always be judged by any worst case scenarios.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links