New to the forum

This is a discussion on New to the forum within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Concealed Carryers, I am new to this forum however I have been a law abiding CC for 1 year and 2 months now here ...

Thread: New to the forum

New to the forum

Hey Concealed Carryers,

I am new to this forum however I have been a law abiding CC for 1 year and 2 months now here in N.C.. I was wondering what is your summer time attire for carrying and your winter if you want post pics of your own gear. I am trying to find a more comfortable way to CC without it printing. I am a small frame 5'9 man weighing 130 lbs. I have yet to find anything comfortable with a fast draw except for a blackhawk pancake holster with a thumb break my conceal carry weapon of choice is a Glock Gen 3 model 27. I have purchased iwb holsters(none I have found are comfortable and have a fast draw), shoulder holster (love it when it turns cold but can't pull it off during the summer months) and don't like the idea of the leg holster being to far to draw.

Thanks,
    Blake

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the site and to the world of carrying!

Try looking at this site: Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

Tommy makes a great holster and one that virtually vanishes when you cover it with just an untucked shirt, even for a guy of your size. I carry my CW9 in one every day and it is by far the most comfortable holster I have ever owned. I also have one for my Glock 23 and even that gun vanishes under just a T-shirt.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Welcome to the site and to the world of carrying!

Try looking at this site: Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

Tommy makes a great holster and one that virtually vanishes when you cover it with just an untucked shirt, even for a guy of your size. I carry my CW9 in one every day and it is by far the most comfortable holster I have ever owned. I also have one for my Glock 23 and even that gun vanishes under just a T-shirt.
    Thanks TN_Mike ill look into these they favor the crossbreed holsters I believe the one you mentioned are better priced :)

Yes they are. And Tommy is a very good person and he customer service is second to NONE. I own two of his holsters and when I bought a new, thicker belt, the kydex clips on my holsters no longer fit well around the thicker belt. I emailed Tommy to ask about buying larger clips and he just sent me a pair for each of my holsters plus two sets of metal clips for them in case I ever wanted to try them, all at no cost to me at all. He's a great guy and makes a good product. I could not be happier with my holsters from him and I highly recommend him.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Yes they are. And Tommy is a very good person and he customer service is second to NONE. I own two of his holsters and when I bought a new, thicker belt, the kydex clips on my holsters no longer fit well around the thicker belt. I emailed Tommy to ask about buying larger clips and he just sent me a pair for each of my holsters plus two sets of metal clips for them in case I ever wanted to try them, all at no cost to me at all. He's a great guy and makes a good product. I could not be happier with my holsters from him and I highly recommend him.
    Im wondering if I could buy the whole rig for my glock 27 and buy just the plastic holster part for my s&w .38 or my Springfield xd. 45. Are is changing these things out possible?

Blake

Welcome from Fort Bliss/Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Welcome from Fort Bliss/Arizona
    Thanks anyway to search by state on here? And how do I change my profile picture? It keeps telling me I am not signed in or I don't have permission any suggestions?

VIP Member
    Welcome from Michigan!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You've sold me on trying a Theisholster, ordered one for my PM9 this week. Was thinking about a Crossbreed mini-tuck but for the price difference decided to give Tommy a try. If it works as expected, will be ordering another for my M&P.
    Kahr PM9
    M&P 9mm
    Springfield TRP
    Dan Wesson CCO

Don't take today for granted, there might not be a tomorrow.

Welcome from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Welcome, my fellow Carolinian!
    FW21

Where in NC are you located? For IWB you could try N8^2 Tactical if you are concerned with comfort. http://n82tactical.com/n82store/ These are made right near Lexington, NC and are all US made. I have a couple original models, and a professional for my 1911's and (obviously lol) I have been very pleased with their comfort and performance.

Lead Moderator
    Welcome!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Welcome from Fla.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Links