Getting CCW in King County Washington - Page 2

Getting CCW in King County Washington

This is a discussion on Getting CCW in King County Washington within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My renewal came in two weeks. My wife just applied for hers at our city police. Being a small town in curious how long their ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting CCW in King County Washington

My renewal came in two weeks. My wife just applied for hers at our city police. Being a small town in curious how long their turn around is going to be.

I'm on the other side in spokane co my wife is still waiting on hers, did it a month ago. took us 2 hours to do so. lady at the counter said "i don't know when you'll get it, we're too backed up to tell". but good news is i talked my wife into getting one
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Quote Originally Posted by Bird_Dog View Post
    My renewal came in two weeks. My wife just applied for hers at our city police. Being a small town in curious how long their turn around is going to be.
    I thought renewals were a "while you wait" kind of thing...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

I got mine from Des Moines city PD. I walked in, they took me back to get my fingerprints, and as I was walking back down the hallway to the front lobby an officer stopped me and handed me my card. Less than 20min in and out. However, I've heard that most places in King County take the full 30 days.

Re: Getting CCW in King County Washington

I have a couple of friends that went though KCSO to get there CPL both of them got it really close to the 30 day mark. I'm renewing with them in a couple months so I will have to wait and see how long that will take.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by HoldingAces35 View Post
    I got mine from Des Moines city PD. I walked in, they took me back to get my fingerprints, and as I was walking back down the hallway to the front lobby an officer stopped me and handed me my card. Less than 20min in and out. However, I've heard that most places in King County take the full 30 days.
    Excellent service, and with computers there is no reason for it to be otherwise. Good work Des Moines!

I suspect areas that take near 30 days actual are doing spending more time and resources on delay tactics for no benefit. Far less work to simply run the check and hand them the card.

Thank goodness our lawmakers at the time had the good sense to put in a time limit for the check.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    Excellent service, and with computers there is no reason for it to be otherwise. Good work Des Moines!

I suspect areas that take near 30 days actual are doing spending more time and resources on delay tactics for no benefit. Far less work to simply run the check and hand them the card.

Thank goodness our lawmakers at the time had the good sense to put in a time limit for the check.

-john
    I agree and it would drive me crazy. I find it strange that people here usually accept it as 'it's just the way it's done.' But I can see no excuse for it except intentional negative reinforcement and disrespect.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

its been 30 days, applied in Seattle and live in king county..who can i call this is getttin rediculous ive never checked my mailbox so much in my life

ok just got it today, I called Seattle King county office, they say there backed up but if anyone doesnt get theres within a week following the 30 day mark you can call and they will be able to actually help without telling you to keep waiting.

Wife applied for hers at our local agency, got it in the mail two days later! I should have done mine there instead of KCSO.

My wife applied in Mason County the end of December (28th or so) and just received it today. I'm just glad my wife finally decided it was time to get her CPL

Now it's time to help her pick out a gun....hmmmm ;)

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bird_Dog View Post
    Wife applied for hers at our local agency, got it in the mail two days later! I should have done mine there instead of KCSO.
    You're not supposed to have a choice... if your address is in a city, you have to go to your local PD, if it's in the unincorporated county, you're supposed to go to the Sheriff. Might explain your delay.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Maybe. For some reason I think I had to go to county, but can't remember for the life of me. Anyway still blows me away that she got hers that fast.

Yes, I believe 30 days is state law. I'm in Whatcom County. Mine came in 29 days a few years ago.

They said on the news yesterday that Lewis Co. is instituting an appt policy...you must make an appt before you go in and they added something else too..like another hoop to jump thru but not a new requirement...which would be illegal anyway.

But I think it's because they've been overwhelmed with applications like elsewhere.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links