Getting CCW in King County Washington

This is a discussion on Getting CCW in King County Washington within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I applied go my cpl in issaquah at the police station on dec 27 2012 and have still yet to recive it or get any ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting CCW in King County Washington

Cpl

I applied go my cpl in issaquah at the police station on dec 27 2012 and have still yet to recive it or get any word on a deny either
    Last edited by Bjohnson; January 31st, 2013 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Added verbiage

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bjohnson View Post
    I applied go my cpl in issaquah at the police station on dec 27 2012 and have still yet to recive it or get any word on a deny either
    Contact them. They are either suppose to deny you or give it to you. They gotta have some reason

If you applied at the courthouse downtown Seattle expect it to take the full 30 days. I got mine from them about 15 years ago and it took the full month, that was before this crazy rush so they are probably burried up to their eye balls in applications. I accidentally let that permit expire and never got another one until about a year and a half ago, for that one I went to my local PD (Bellevue) and went through the whole process again and got it in the mail about two weeks later. When you do phone in just be sure to be friendly, if you you say it's been 30 days and you have to make a decision it is easier for them to deny you than rush to approve it. Good luck!

Getting CCW in King County Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee2cu View Post
    If you applied at the courthouse downtown Seattle expect it to take the full 30 days. I got mine from them about 15 years ago and it took the full month, that was before this crazy rush so they are probably burried up to their eye balls in applications.
    I still highly suspect this wasn't a workload issue. I suspect the actual check just takes a minute to run the search on the computer. My bet is they only process them around once a month, or actually sit on them for almost a month.

Considering Seattle Mayors as long as I can remember have been very hostile to the concept of CCW, I somewhat doubt this is an accident.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    I still highly suspect this wasn't a workload issue. I suspect the actual check just takes a minute to run the search on the computer. My bet is they only process them around once a month, or actually sit on them for almost a month.

Considering Seattle Mayors as long as I can remember have been very hostile to the concept of CCW, I somewhat doubt this is an accident.

-john

Depends. Many of us got ours inside a week. May depend on the county.

But to your point....that's why I call total BS on the long waiting periods in other states.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Applied for mine on a Last Friday, and it was in the mail the following Tuesday......3 business days. That's Kitsap, also have a friend in Snohomish that got his in 2 days. King must have some high volume. Also, My permit looks very different from my buddies. His looks like he typed it on a typewriter, and mine looks more official. Would like to have a photo permit like some states get though....oh well.

Re: Getting CCW in King County Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee2cu View Post
    When you do phone in just be sure to be friendly, if you you say it's been 30 days and you have to make a decision it is easier for them to deny you than rush to approve it. Good luck!
    You should always be friendly, but WA is a shall-issue state which requires cause to deny you. Being a jerk isn't listed as a valid cause.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Brig View Post
    Applied for mine on a Last Friday, and it was in the mail the following Tuesday......3 business days. That's Kitsap, also have a friend in Snohomish that got his in 2 days. King must have some high volume. Also, My permit looks very different from my buddies. His looks like he typed it on a typewriter, and mine looks more official. Would like to have a photo permit like some states get though....oh well.
    Wow my wife's is going on 3 weeks now.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links