Is rolling underwear over the IWB grip a thing? - Page 3

Is rolling underwear over the IWB grip a thing?

This is a discussion on Is rolling underwear over the IWB grip a thing? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sittin' here wiping away the tears of laughter... Not at the OP, but at the comments. PLEASE, no pictures!!!...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Is rolling underwear over the IWB grip a thing?

Sittin' here wiping away the tears of laughter... Not at the OP, but at the comments. PLEASE, no pictures!!!
    ------------------------------
    My other hobby: Flickr
    "I shoot birds with a Canon"

Right when I think I've heard it all, someone suprises me .

Congratulations.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Joking aside. Don't let any clothing inside your holster, esp with a Glock. If a piece of clothing get on you trigger just so and you insert gun it can depress trigger and gun go bang.

Congrats on the new CHL, take a few deep breaths and relax. I understand how highly stressful it can be when you start carrying concealed but the public at large is completely oblivious as to what you have on your belt. If you are printing even badly most likely the only ones who are even going to notice are other CHL holders or LEO's, everyone else will suspect it to be a cell phone or something similar. Worst case is someone actually catches a glimpse of your gun while I don't know of any local ordinances that may effect you but it is legal to open carry VA so if they don't see it you are legally concealed carrying if they do you are legally open carrying. If I remember correctly it took about 1-2 weeks for me to relax and not have to keep telling myself to leave my cover garment alone. Now, I don't even give it a second thought. I personally carry a full size XDm in a Crossbreed Supertuck, other than buying my pants a little looser in the waist, I don't dress any different than I did before I carried. As far as I know no one has noticed in the 7 years that I have been carrying.

As for the underwear thing, although funny, it sounds to me like it would pose too great of a risk for a ND by getting your clothing bunched up around gun and holster, I would not advise you to continue this method of concealment.
    CountryGal likes this.

Is just a conscience thing on your part, you will get used to it, I never forget i have my gun on, but it is just like my socks, they are in my boots so no one sees them either.. keep your underwear where they belong an it is not over the handle of your gun, but al least your not wearin em halfway to your chest n your pants to your knees..
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

The only time I do that is when I'm on the john, and my pants are around my ankles. Rolling the waist band of my boxers down over my gun keeps it from falling out onto the floor.
    82d DIVARTY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redbeardsong View Post
    The only time I do that is when I'm on the john, and my pants are around my ankles. Rolling the waist band of my boxers down over my gun keeps it from falling out onto the floor.
    Never thought of that, good idea!

Seek training...soon. I have no idea why you would do this...
    CountryGal likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Thinking about this just makes me grin from ear to ear!
    Question Everything!

Did you give yourself a wedgie pulling the underwear up and over? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

As others have said, when you first begin to carry, it feels like everyone is looking and seeing. You are hyper-aware of it being there, yet have to touch it occasionally to be sure that somehow it didn't fall out of your holster or your shirt didn't ride up over your head without you knowing it. But time will resolve that and you will be able to relax. Soon you may sometimes even forget you are armed - not necessarily a good thing. Your hyper-awareness is normal. Your underwear trick is unique.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    delete post

VIP Member
    Maybe we have a new catch phrase here. "Guns and underwear don't mix!"

Keep you boxers unrolled so you have access to your gun. As far as inadvertently showing your gun due to a wardrobe malfunction, you in VA, don't sweat it. Open carry is legal so it isn't a foul.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Some folks that are new to firearm carry tend to want to really over-conceal their firearm to degrees that (in most instances) are totally unnecessary.

It's a psychological quirk that needs to be gotten over ASAP.

I'm thinking someone missed the memo that adults don't go around with their underwear exposed.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I also was very aware of my gun when I first started to carry even though I had moved up a size in t shirts so they would hang over the waist. I got used to it and now don't even worry about it. I did buy a new "custom" belt that made my carry print so I have to move it to my other side, I cross draw, so now I practice drawing strong side. Don't worry you will get used to it.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready" TR

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links