Is rolling underwear over the IWB grip a thing?

This is a discussion on Is rolling underwear over the IWB grip a thing? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't roll my underwear over the grip because I'm afraid people will laugh at the spiderman logo...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Is rolling underwear over the IWB grip a thing?

I don't roll my underwear over the grip because I'm afraid people will laugh at the spiderman logo
    Last edited by Rhcmlc; December 11th, 2011 at 07:28 PM.
    GentlemanJim likes this.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rhcmlc View Post
    I don't roll my underwear over the grip because I'm afraid people would laugh at the spiderman logo
    Ha ha! I was thinking, "better to telegraph "Eddie Bauer" than "GLOCK Perfection."

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dooga View Post
    I will never live this down. That said, I am going to start wearing tuxes. Then again, I guess nobody here on this board will ever forget me. I do have long enough shirts, thankfully, since companies are finally making tall version of all the shirts I love.
    Don't worry, another victim will come along soon and you will be forgotten!

Jim

Definitely never done that, no need for you to do it either, G26 conceal very easy

I just took my first walkabout in Virginia with my brand-spanking-new CCW and it was much easier than I thought it would be, but I am highly concealed with a Glock 26 deep in a Tommy Theis horsehide IWB. I liked it. I will still make a trip to Wally World as a right of passage but I did go solo today, remembering not to carry into the USPS building.

Also, I ended up feeling too obvious and what I did was roll my black boxer-briefs over the top of the handle to cover the grip. Does anyone else use underwear to disguise their pistol or am I the only one?

Is that a thing or am I a freak? Also, I surely know that having one's "Eddie Bauer" waist band barring access to a quick draw isn't ideal, I feel like I am less likely to reveal myself if my shirt were to ride up as I get used to the Very Thick-while-still-being-small-Glock 26.

I can't wait until I just get used to it.
    Nope, just you, your a freak!

It will take a while for your brain to comprehend that people don't see what you can feel (hopefully). Always a good idea to give your self a look in the mirror when you get dressed so you can see what others see. I wear my G26 both IWB (Kholster) and in a SmartCarry when I REALLY need to hide it. Plus you should change up how you carry (positions, level of cant, etc) to find the most comfortable and hides the best for you. I find at 3:00-3:30 my G26 hides best when bending or twisting.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    Nope, just you, your a freak!
    It is true. Would someone please point me to somewhere that explains where on my belt 3 and 4 o'clock carry is. Is the belt-buckle high noon? So 3 is the hip and 4 is right behind the hip?

VIP Member
    It is true. Would someone please point me to somewhere that explains where on my belt 3 and 4 o'clock carry is. Is the belt-buckle high noon? So 3 is the hip and 4 is right behind the hip?
    Belt buckle is considered 12’oclock so a 3 o’clock carry would be right on the right hip and a 4 o’clock carry would place it slightly behind the hip.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Do I sense a new addition to the line of Tacticool clothing? Tactical Briefs/boxers with quick release band. Thumb break boxers? We'll need a slogan. "For the Banger in You!"???????

See this is the problem I had with this method of concealment is the only way I see it being possible is if your letting your BVD's stick WAY to much out of your pants. If your going to dress like a hood you might want to NOT carry since the police are likely to give you a very close scrutiny and then they will see the bulge of your gun. Sounds like a good way to get a face plant.

I'm not trying to take a cheap shots at LEO here, just saying look like a hood, get treated like a hood.

I actually wear Perry suspenders under my cover shirt to prevent the weight of my glock 27 from pulling my pants down and revealing my tighty whiteys. If your waiste band is showing you may want to consider a pair of suspenders. On another note there are several threads that mention using the waiste band of the underwear to cover the grip when going to the bathroom in a public restroom. I do this myself.

VIP Member
    It doesn't work with my string thong.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I will never live this down. That said, I am going to start wearing tuxes. Then again, I guess nobody here on this board will ever forget me. I do have long enough shirts, thankfully, since companies are finally making tall version of all the shirts I love.
    Dooga, seriously, (and believe me in this thread that's a rarity) Welcome to the forum. We all had a lot of fun at your expense, and you handled it all very well. I'm glad your taking the time to learn and consider your carry methods.
    I really think this is a great place to learn alot about how why and when to carry. I hope you continue to ask questions and that you don't get scared off by all the jokester here. For the most part everyone here really does want everyone to be succesfull in their CCW experience.

Also congrats on the choice of Glock for your carry. It's nice to see someone else that "drank the koolaid"

I still am speechless. However, after reading the replies of some of my fellow members, I am concerned.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Why are people so concerned about being made or printing?

I vote not to do it. If you need the gun, you want it NOW, without an extra layer of clothing over it.
    Do not worry about it, with almost everyone carring a iphone or regular cell on their belt, nobody pays attention to a buldge in the wasteline any more.
    I carry IWB or pocket, with the shirt out. Covers it well.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Why are people so concerned about being made or printing?
    Because in many states that don't allow OC, you can be charged with brandishing or disturbing the peace and in some May Issue states possibly have your permit revoked. Plus who the hell wants to be on the receiving end of a MWAG call?

In my home state of MA, you are almost guaranteed to loose your permit, or have the concealed part removed via restriction if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    Because in many states that don't allow OC, you can be charged with brandishing or disturbing the peace and in some May Issue states possibly have your permit revoked. Plus who the hell wants to be on the receiving end of a MWAG call?

In my home state of MA, you are almost guaranteed to loose your permit, or have the concealed part removed via restriction if that happens.

Then I would move and take my tax dollars with me.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links