Is rolling underwear over the IWB grip a thing?

This is a discussion on Is rolling underwear over the IWB grip a thing? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just took my first walkabout in Virginia with my brand-spanking-new CCW and it was much easier than I thought it would be, but I ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Is rolling underwear over the IWB grip a thing?

I just took my first walkabout in Virginia with my brand-spanking-new CCW and it was much easier than I thought it would be, but I am highly concealed with a Glock 26 deep in a Tommy Theis horsehide IWB. I liked it. I will still make a trip to Wally World as a right of passage but I did go solo today, remembering not to carry into the USPS building.

Also, I ended up feeling too obvious and what I did was roll my black boxer-briefs over the top of the handle to cover the grip. Does anyone else use underwear to disguise their pistol or am I the only one?

Is that a thing or am I a freak? Also, I surely know that having one's "Eddie Bauer" waist band barring access to a quick draw isn't ideal, I feel like I am less likely to reveal myself if my shirt were to ride up as I get used to the Very Thick-while-still-being-small-Glock 26.

I can't wait until I just get used to it.

VIP Member
    Wedgie Carry - not a trend.

I would not cover the top of the grip. Try adding another shirt layer if printing is an issue. IMO, you are too conscious since carry is new to you. Most people are blind and unaware.

That's a new one to me. I would just carry IWB with a somewhat loose cover garment and not sweat it.
    Old School likes this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Smartcarry - yes
    Rolling underwear over gun - no

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dooga View Post
    Is that a thing or am I a freak?

I vote freak, but on a good note, I FINALLY get to use this smiley.

I can't wait until I just get used to it.
    No worries man, you'll get used to it.

I read it twice. Don't have the words.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I wish I could say I posted this for amusement purposes but I really did this today. Thanks for letting me know that "it gets better" when it comes to carry.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Not sure if serious.

But, if you are, don't worry just relax a little.

Jim

I wish I could say I posted this for amusement purposes but I really did this today. Thanks for letting me know that "it gets better" when it comes to carry.
    You could carry a couple of Italians, half of their kin, and a pizza oven on your belt under your shirt, and no one sees squat. Hang in there. It gets easier, and at some point, you stop caring. Concealed means concealed.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    OP, if you are, in fact, carrying/concealing "deep" as you say...don't worry, be happy.

And about your WW trip, it's best that you go there when you have something to purchase. Trolling around (with a loaded gun) may appear suspicious and draw the attention of the security cameras and lost prevention folks.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Well, I will surely make a pilgrimage to Wally World this weekend and follow your good advice of reaching up, stooping down (using the knees), and so on and so forth -- without picking at my clothes, and all of that -- I have been trying to read closely.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    And about your WW trip, it's best that you go there when you have something to purchase. Trolling around (with a loaded gun) may appear suspicious and draw the attention of the security cameras and lost prevention folks.
    I will go shopping for groceries, than. I am in need of groceries.

Uh.....no, I believe you are the ONLY person doing this. You are for sure the only person I have ever even heard of doing this.

I'm still trying to envision how you did this let alone why/

I carry my CW9 in one of Tommy's holsters every day and I have never been uncomfortable with it on. Is it rubbing your bare skin? If this is the case, I suggest you get some of the "wifebeater" type under shirts and wear one under your outer shirt. I do this in the summer time. Under shirt tucked into pants with holster between pants and under shirt, with a T-shirt over that. No problems at all. I would never put my undies over the grip of my gun. I would think that would make it near impossible to actually draw the gun if it was needed....
    9MMare likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    I will go shopping for groceries, than. I am in need of groceries.
    If you want us to look at and critique your CC setup, post some pics by having someone take a picture of you with it exposed and then concealed with what/however you cover it. Or face the mirror and do the same.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

REAL Concealed Carriers go "commando"...
    dooga, Hoganbeg, JerryMac and 2 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links