Most preferred carry pistol/size? - Page 2

Most preferred carry pistol/size?

This is a discussion on Most preferred carry pistol/size? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My "most of the time" guns are compacts. The Glock 23 and Sig P228 leading the way. Both are 13+1 of .40 or 9 mm. ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Most preferred carry pistol/size?

My "most of the time" guns are compacts. The Glock 23 and Sig P228 leading the way. Both are 13+1 of .40 or 9 mm. More than enough to get the job done. I carry a spare mag most of the time,

In other situations it is my M&P 340 J Frame or my wifes Glock 26 when need be.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I make my decision on my ability to hit with it at distance rather than comfort. That pretty much leaves out " toy" guns. Right now I have a Gov model Colt in an IWB, and have been carrying it around all day with no problem. As an alternative, I will carry a 4 inch revolver, or in the summer months I may scale down to a G19,but, the G26 is as small as I go.
    My personal critera is being able to hit a paper plate at 50 yards, if i can't do that with it, it's just a paper weight.
    Comfort is not a priority for me, having a tool on hand that gives me an advantage regardless of circumstances is. Since I can't choose the circumstances, I make up for it by choosing something that gives me confidence over a wide variety of scenarios.
    wmhawth likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Glock 26 100% of the time. Sometimes I carry an S&W Bodyguard 38 on my ankle as a BUG.

Most preffered carry pistol/size?
    With regard to carry size, for revolvers there is much good to say about a 3" K Frame S&W such as my Model 10 shown below. For semi auto carry, can't help but love that G19.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    My personal critera is being able to hit a paper plate at 50 yards, if i can't do that with it, it's just a paper weight.
    Maybe things are different in kY, but if you shot someone that's not a zombie at 50 yards in VA, you'd have some serious 'splainin' to do.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

I've been carrying a full-size Beretta 92FS. It has a lot of advantages for me - accuracy, easy to draw, very little recoil. I wear an Alessi holster and Perry's Suspenders, both take sense of weight off - and the gun though 34 oz does not feel heavy - can't figure why but it doesn't. I also CCW one of 2 Colt snubs - depending on weather, dress and where I'm going.

Good Question.

Either a Glock-36 or a Ruger SP101...both are easy to conceal!

With a good belt, quality holster, and a effective cover garment, one can conceal carry almost anything.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TBob View Post
    Maybe things are different in kY, but if you shot someone that's not a zombie at 50 yards in VA, you'd have some serious 'splainin' to do.
    Think "active shooter".
    marcclarke likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TBob View Post
    Thats not true. Depends on the circumstances. In your latest VA Tech shooting for instance, there is alot of ground on campus. To stop a shooter on the rampage, and in the absence of a rifle on hand, the ability to hit that shooter at a distance provides you with an advantage. Like I said, you may not have a choice in how far the distance is.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Various combinations of the following:

Glock Compact G19 or G23

Glock Sub-compact G26

H&K P7

S&W 442

Sometimes there will be a Kel-tec P3AT somwhere on my person but never by itself and sometimes it's a third gun.

Jim

I carry a full size revolver. It's big, it's accurate, and it can't be seen with a simple choice of wardrobe.

I am considering a mid-size revolver to add to my options. Maybe a K-frame S&W, Ruger GP100 or the new SP101 with a 4" barrel. It would be nice to have an easily accessible weapon in a crossdraw position.

VIP Member
    I carry the following, but not all at once.

G21 - .45 ACP - full sized
    SA Loaded Combat 1911 - .45ACP - full sized
    G30 - .45 ACP - compact
    Taurus PT145 Pro - .45 ACP - compact
    G22 either - .40 cal or .9mm with conversion barrel - service sized
    S&W 640 - .357 mag - snubby
    S&W 642 - .38 special - snubby
    S&W M&P - .38 special - service size - only occassionally carry due to collector value.
    LCP - .380 ACP - sub compact (generally as a bug, but can also be a deep concealment weapon)

Of these the G30, PT 145 pro and LCP get the call more often than the others. The 1911 is not far behind. The others are occasional carry weapons.

The snubbies used to see a lot of belt time, but as we have discussed elsewhere, with the advent of flash mobs and multi-perp home invasions, I have opted for more rounds on hand.

I never did really warm up to the G22. It does not fit my hand as well as the G21 and G30 and the .40 cal is not my favorite round.

The G21 sees most of its time as a night stand weapon.
    Last edited by ksholder; December 10th, 2011 at 08:12 PM.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Lately I have been carrying a Ruger Security Six . 357, 4 inch revolver in a IWB Kramer holster. It is lighter and thinner than my .357, Blackhawk with a 6.5 inch barrel which I also carry in a Krammer IWB holster.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    My 3 carry guns are all Glock 9mms. The majority of time I have a Glock 19 on me. However I carry my Glock 26 if I need something smaller. And I'd carry my Glock more if I could but at times it is just a little to big. This is why I am usually found with my Glock 19.

Though I have been wanting a nice 1911 lately.

Nothing wrong with the S&W9c, Great Carry gun JMO ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links