Most preferred carry pistol/size?

This is a discussion on Most preferred carry pistol/size? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Amt backup .45 acp older model 5.7 long 4.1 high 1.0 inch wide. in a Don Hume iwb with sweat guard. Yes you can hide ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Most preferred carry pistol/size?

Amt backup .45 acp older model 5.7 long 4.1 high 1.0 inch wide. in a Don Hume iwb with sweat guard. Yes you can hide a .45 with shorts and a tee shirt I'm 5' 10" 185 lbs

2. Remove Ads

LCR or SP101 depending upon activity.

I switch between a Colt 1911, a Glock 19, a P7M8 H&K, and a Browning HP for a primary carry gun. All are carried IWB in either Fist or Brommeland holsters with a mag pouch on the opposite side. My constant BUG is an old Kel Tec P32 weak side back pocket in a wallet holster made by the same local guy who makes all my belts. On rare occasions I will carry a revolver, open carry working at the gunshop, and I will use either an N frame S&W in 10mm or an old Model 15 or 19. All of these in Fist OWB pancake holsters with either one speedloader or two moon clips (for the 10mm) in a pouch.

My wife carries her Glock 26 most of the time in a Fist IWB worn kind of far forward, but not quite appendix carry. Spare mag occasionally on her weak side but most often in her purse (and at least it's not lost in her glove compartment). Sometimes she carries her nickle plated Colt series 70 1911 in a Brommeland IWB a little further back than the Glock. Her BUG is a Seecamp .25 in a wallet holster, sometimes in her weak side back pocket and sometimes in her purse (I'm trying...).
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

100% SIG P238 .380, 100 gr. Buffalo Bore hardcast flatpoints. Will blow a 1/2" hole through anybody, including a car door.

I wear mine OWB; I hate IWB. Incidentally, keeping it in a pocket or some similar place might be convenient, but you'll get shot full of holes while you're fumbling and stumbling trying to get it out. Starting with my arms hanging straight down, I can draw and commence firing at the rate of 5 shots per second in less than 3/4 of a second, keep all the shots on a paper plate @ 8 feet. Add about 1/2 a second if it's under a shirt or jacket.

sigp238.JPG

Most of my carry guns are semi autos with 4" to 5" barrels and usually .45 calibere.
    Semper Fi
    Last edited by BkCo1; December 14th, 2011 at 10:31 AM.

Walther P99 AS 9mm full size with two extra magazines in a double mag holder by Tucker Gun Leather.
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

80% of the time a H&K P2000 or H&K P2000sk both in .40 S&W. Carried in either a T&T Gunleather or H.B.E. IWB.

10% a S&W 1911 Commander sized roundbutt in a T&T Gunleather IWB or Kahr PM9 in Don Hume IWB /DeSantis pocket

10% a Sig P226 in a Maimi Classic Shoulder Holster usually for long trips in the car or thoughts of Mike Hammer.

My G26 is my most comfortable carry, especially if I'm going to be driving or sitting a lot. My second-tier choices are a G30 and a commander or CCO 1911--very comforting to have a weapon loaded with those big old 230 gr. HPs.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

CZ model 82 in 9mm Makarov.
    Kahr arms CW9
    Kahr TP45
    Chiappa arms Rhino 357 mag

Not in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by FLSlim View Post
    My G26 is my most comfortable carry, especially if I'm going to be driving or sitting a lot. My second-tier choices are a G30 and a commander or CCO 1911--very comforting to have a weapon loaded with those big old 230 gr. HPs.
    Yeah, 230 gr. HPs are comforting ...... especially if the predator is 230 lbs. Mine's in a 3" Colt New Agent.

Depending on the circumstances:
    Taurus TCP
    or
    SW40VE

On my wish list is a Glock 27
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

My ultimate carry gun, found this summer after a couple of decades of searching and trying, is the Walther PPS in .40. Perfect size-to-capacity ratio for me, flexible mag options and super flat profile make it my #1 gun (along with the crisp trigger, solid accuracy and reliability I've experienced). Next up is my BG 380, used for back-pocket quick trips and shorts weather.

Sig P239 in 9mm IWB 97% of the time. LCP about 3% of the time when deep cover is required.

My three main carry guns are Glock 36, tarus ultra light .38 and Ruger LCP. Go ahead and laugh, yes i often carry a little ole .380

Glock 23 IWB appedix carry w/ spare mag IWB at 3:00 (96% of the time)

S&W Bodyguard .380 when I'm rockin' the speedo.

Links