Most preferred carry pistol/size? - Page 9

Most preferred carry pistol/size?

This is a discussion on Most preferred carry pistol/size? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock 26 when I don't need to tuck a shirt. Kahr PM9 in a Remora in the pocket when I need to dress up. Split ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Most preferred carry pistol/size?

Glock 26 when I don't need to tuck a shirt. Kahr PM9 in a Remora in the pocket when I need to dress up. Split about 60% G26 and 40% Kahr.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    40% of the time G23
    40% of the time sig p238
    5% berretta px4c (too fat)
    5% s&w bodyguard
    5% 1911 (either para or kimber) winter...
    5% colt defender (haven't put enuff rounds to fell that it's 100% reliable yet)
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Springfield 1911 Micro-compact (.45acp) - 70%
    CZ 2075 Rami (9mm) - 30%
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’

— Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    S&W Shield 9mm - 95%
    Taurus TCP 738 - 50%
    S&W 642 - 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I used to carry a .380 Sig P-232 until I learned that a Kimber Ultra Raptor II has similar dimensions. Now, it's the Kimber 100% of the time.
    Then the Kimber started giving me reliability issues, and I'm back to the Sig. I'm still working with the Kimber though and I think, with time, it will come around. The Sig, although a smaller caliber, required zero break in, shoots anything I load into it, and instinctively hits right where I point it. It's also comfortable to wear for twelve or thirteen hours straight. There's a lot to be said for that.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Then the Kimber started giving me reliability issues, and I'm back to the Sig. I'm still working with the Kimber though and I think, with time, it will come around. The Sig, although a smaller caliber, required zero break in, shoots anything I load into it, and instinctively hits right where I point it. It's also comfortable to wear for twelve or thirteen hours straight. There's a lot to be said for that.
    Have you contacted Kimber? I had a minor, non-reliability issue with my new Compact CDP II, called Kimber and they fixed it quickly on their nickel. Great folks that stand behind their products!
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    75% of the time I carry my P229 .40.
    25% of the time it's the P226 9mm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    I currently carry a full size M&P45 but soon I hope to be carrying a .40 cal M&P Shield. I got a 9 for my wife and she loves it (me, too) as she hated shooting the PF9 which we thankfully sold off. I got a chance to shoot someone's .40 cal Shield at the range while I was shooting my wife's 9 and I found the difference in recoil to be imperceptible to me, so I'm getting the .40 when I can. Then I can have a pistol the size of the PF9 (which I hated shooting) which I love to shoot.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

FDE
    S&W M&P 9c - 5%
    Sig p238 HDW - 70%
    Seecamp .32 LWS - 25%

I carry my Sig P238 the most because I carry it IWB which I prefer to pocket carrying the seecamp. I rarely carry my m&p 9c anymore just because its too bulky for me to carry IWB. I plan on replacing my sig p238 with a m&p shield 9mm when I can find one for purchase. A thin single stack with a thumb safety (personal preference) carried IWB is my idea of a perfect carry gun.

70% Sig Sauer P238
    30% Kimber Ultra Crimsom Carry
    I like the Sig due to it's size and shooting ability. Keep it loaded with CorBon's
    This little gun is accurate to 25yards, at least that is as far as I have shot it at the range. I feel comfortable with it also.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready" TR

Quote Originally Posted by TBob View Post
    Have you contacted Kimber? I had a minor, non-reliability issue with my new Compact CDP II, called Kimber and they fixed it quickly on their nickel. Great folks that stand behind their products!
    I've not called them yet. I thought I'd take it to the range again and see what happens. I may do that Friday. I could have just had a bad session and been "limp wristing" the thing or something. I was all over the paper with it that day, so it wasn't a good day. I was carrying the Sig also, so I pulled it out and emptied a magazine and had the satisfaction of hitting center mass with something before I left.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I've not called them yet. I thought I'd take it to the range again and see what happens. I may do that Friday. I could have just had a bad session and been "limp wristing" the thing or something. I was all over the paper with it that day, so it wasn't a good day. I was carrying the Sig also, so I pulled it out and emptied a magazine and had the satisfaction of hitting center mass with something before I left.
    At one range where I used to shoot, they had a huge sign on the fence by the out-going gate: "Your worst day on the range is better than your best day at work."
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Sponsored Links