Lining your pocket

This is a discussion on Lining your pocket within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone tried lining your front pocket with some kind of material to keep your pistol from printing and if so what type of material ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lining your pocket

Lining your pocket

Has anyone tried lining your front pocket with some kind of material to keep your pistol from printing and if so what type of material did you use? Because it has to be washable, but kind of stiff, yet flexable. I use a pocket holster but i don't like using the side shield that comes with it because it interfears with getting my hand on it quickly.
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I did once. It was a funeral and the pants were very thin and printing badly. I used a bandana. Worked out very well.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    I did once. It was a funeral and the pants were very thin and printing badly. I used a bandana. Worked out very well.
    I first read "I used a banana"

that would have been embarassing
    so, about my sammich.......

Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just carrying?
    Semper Fi

No! I'm just happy to see you!
    Quote Originally Posted by McDonaldUSMC View Post
    Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just carrying?
    Member NRA
    Kel-Tec P3AT

I doubt that many people would figure out the outline of a gun in a holster in one's pocket...I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    macantic is your holster one of de santis with the add on front. If it is cut it down 1 1/2" or more, what you need is to just filled in areas at the bottom and that will do it and still let you get your fingers around the grip with out fighting with the fly.

I have a bi fold front clip type billfold ,,,, I often put it in front
    of the gun in my right front pocket,,,, removes the shape imprint
    of the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    Has anyone tried lining your front pocket with some kind of material to keep your pistol from printing and if so what type of material did you use? Because it has to be washable, but kind of stiff, yet flexable. I use a pocket holster but i don't like using the side shield that comes with it because it interfears with getting my hand on it quickly.
    What kind of pocket holster are you using? I have several leather ones from Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters. I don't find that the anti-print panel interferes with the draw, especially since I asked Jim to include a thumb push-off.

The cheap soft Superfly from Desantis is mediocre at best - the panel is too soft to really hide the outline of the gun, and it tends to collapse against the gun, making the draw more difficult. I only use it when in uniform for my G26, without the anti-print panel.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

If you carried the banana in the other front pocket, everyone would be so focused on the "banana print" they would never notice a full size 1911 in your other pocket.

There's some very thin, strong, and moderately flexible plastic that comes in about 18" wide rolls used for roof flashing you can usually find at Lowes or Home Depot. I've custom cut pieces from that, ironed the curve (from being in a roll) out of it by covering it with a wet towel and using a steam iron.

The plastic is extremely slick, doesn't create any drag on the draw, and works very well to line my jacket and carry vest pockets so they don't "print", but I'm not sure how comfortable that would be in a pant's pocket.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    ^^^That^^^
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I did that already but the butt of the pistol prints.
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    macantic is your holster one of de santis with the add on front. If it is cut it down 1 1/2" or more, what you need is to just filled in areas at the bottom and that will do it and still let you get your fingers around the grip with out fighting with the fly.
    Member NRA
    Kel-Tec P3AT

I am an outside sales rep so I have to wear slacks and a button up shirt every day. I have a P90 in the holster on my right hip and my sweater vest covers most of it with about 1/2" sticking out on the bottom quite often. The grip print is very obvious if you know what it is. I have been in several meetings and not once has anybody ever asked what it is, most assume it is my cell phone. I think people worry too much about printing and accidental exposure, unless you are in a state that doesn't allow that. Most people have no clue what is under your shirt nor do they care.

I use an Uncle Mikes pocket holster for both my 642 and for the Mustang 380.
    It looks like a billfold in your pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links