NM/LA Sign Agreement – CO Honors WI – More Updates

This is a discussion on NM/LA Sign Agreement – CO Honors WI – More Updates within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New Mexico and Louisiana have signed a reciprocity agreement. Neither of these states honored each other in the past. New Mexico is really moving forward ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Gary Slider

Thread: NM/LA Sign Agreement – CO Honors WI – More Updates

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

NM/LA Sign Agreement – CO Honors WI – More Updates

New Mexico and Louisiana have signed a reciprocity agreement. Neither of these states honored each other in the past. New Mexico is really moving forward with getting on board with other states.

Colorado has added Wisconsin to the list of states it will honor. Montana has also. Montana’s website listing states they will honor added WI to the list of states they honor but never removed WI from their site in the list of states that don’t issue Permits/Licenses. I have informed them of this as removing WI from that list of states that don’t issue will just make them look more professional.

Maine has finally added Michigan and Pennsylvania to the list of states they will honor. Only took them 4 to 5 weeks to get them added. I have been talking to Maine as their office was giving out incorrect info. Staff in the Maine office was telling people a PA Non Resident was valid in Maine. Maine will only honor RESIDENT Permits/Licenses from the states they honor. I even got copied in on the interoffice Email explaining to all the staff what Permit/Licenses they would honor.

The Tennessee Valley Authority has loosened its Carry Regulations. I have added that info to the states pages that have TVA Facilities inside their state boarders. If you want to view those regs the Tennessee Page plus other states that surround them have that info on their State Page at Handgunlaw.us I was surprised as I received 2 emails and saw posted on 2 different websites that people didn’t know the TVA Property was totally off limits in the past. The TVA/Federal Government relationship is very similar and/or just like the Post Office/Federal Government Relationship.

Now we have to get the Corp of Engineers (There have been bills submitted to do just this) to loosen their Carry Regulations on Corp Property. Many dams in the country are owned and run by the Corp and many times they own most of the property surrounding the lakes their dams back up. Even though they lease this property to the states to build State Parks under Federal Law this land is still off limits to carry. I have never read where someone was charged with carrying on a state park on a Corp Lake but I shouldn’t be a federal felon for carrying in a state park etc just because the Corp owns the property and has leased it to the state etc. This would make Corp property just like National Parks are today. All Government Property should fall under a Regulation just like the National Parks do.

Things have been happening very quickly the last month or so. There have been more changes in the last couple month period than I can ever remember happening in the past. Handgunlaw.us will be updated later this evening to show the changes as listed above.
    ccman and Fitch like this.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

Great info. Thanks.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Go Gary go!!!!!!!!!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Just a nit pick ...

It's Corps of Engineers. :)

That said, you do a great service to the shooting community.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Majorlk, Have to cut me a break. I am from West Virginia. At least I use that for an excuse. Now I have to go check to see how many places I have it misspelled. Thank you.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Thank you for your work
    SCGunLover1

Thank goodness for the Edit Feature.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Gary thank you for what you do.

Darn it, I still can't get to the west coast. Starting to see a disturbing number of Yellow states too. Making these non-res permits useless.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Thank you again Gary for your valuable information and time spent advising state agencies of errors. You would think they would be more responsible when it applies to firearm laws. If their information is incorrect, it could result in someone actually breaking the law even though they researched it and read what it said.

Then again, I work for a Gov't agency and correct information seems to be the exception rather than the norm.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Thats great info! You wont see NY accept anyone..its all you other damn states letting YOUR GUNS into our state..for cirminals to use against our officers and innocent people....damn laxed guns laws in those OTHER state....

Oh damn..Bloomberg is mind washing me!!

honostly though..great to hear......its gonna help all in the long run to gain more and more reprocity...just need to know those states rules before going there.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Majorlk, Have to cut me a break. I am from West Virginia. At least I use that for an excuse. Now I have to go check to see how many places I have it misspelled. Thank you.
    As a fellow West Virginian (Princeton, 1943) , we are always free to pick on each other. Kinda like at a family reunion. <gg>

If you ever make it out of the boonies and come to the backwoods of Connecticut, dinner is on me.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Majorlk, I may be coming your way this spring. I would like to talk to you. No Not about a free meal. HA HA. Could you please Email me at admins@handgunlaw.us and then I can email you from my home email address. Hate to put my home email on the net. Bots get it and spam follows.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Majorlk, I may be coming your way this spring. I would like to talk to you. No Not about a free meal. HA HA. Could you please Email me at admins@handgunlaw.us and then I can email you from my home email address. Hate to put my home email on the net. Bots get it and spam follows.
    Done about three minutes ago.

Thanks Gary, your my main source.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Links