sr9c for edc?

This is a discussion on sr9c for edc? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently bought a lc9 and love it. But was wanting something with s better trigger. How well does the sr9c conceal for everyday carry? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: sr9c for edc?

sr9c for edc?

I recently bought a lc9 and love it. But was wanting something with s better trigger. How well does the sr9c conceal for everyday carry? Im about 5'11" and 155lbs. I was gonna use a crossbred if that helps. Anyone carry this gun?

2. Remove Ads

i carry a sr40c, no issues with concealing.

I have the 9c and am new to carry but so far so good. getting more used to it and does not seem to be too big at all. Just need to get used to it.
    I have found that I can use the pinky finger ext as it does tend to poke out alot more/easier than the flat one so I did have to switch to that but thats it.
    Good luck. I carry tuckable IWB.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

I'm 5'9" and 155. I carry the SR9C every day. Depending on what I'm up to, I use a Remora or a Theis (Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters). Both holsters are awesome, and I feel that all my carry needs are met by the combination. The Remora is perfect when I'm mainly driving or sitting, or just running to the store. And I prefer the Theis when I'm on my feet for hours, bending a lot, lifting stuff, working in the yard, etc.

I really like my SR9C. For the $$$ I think it is incredibly versatile. Even though it's my EDC, it's also large enough to be fun & reasonably accurate at the range, and the extra 17 rd mag is a great touch. It's been 100% reliable so far no matter what I've fed it. Unlike some, I like the ambidextrous safety (i'm a lefty) because my personal preference is to carry with the safety on. This safety is easy for me to get a thumb on and disengage quickly. Also have not had issues with the safety hooking on clothing, "poking" me, etc.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and weird. It'll happen to you.—Abraham Simpson

We are verry similar in hight and weight, I do not have my carry permit yet even though I put in for it on 11/4 under wisconsins new conceal carry law. However, I also have a SR9C I will be concealing. Most comfortable I have figured out is an inside the waist band holster slid in the middle of my back, I also am usining a holster that rides a bit higher out of the pants and this seems to aid me when I need to sit in a chair. I will wear a simple jacket (wisconsin is COLD) over the top to conceal and their is absolutly no paderning through the clothing on me useing this system. Just remember! If you are right handed you need a lefthanded holster if you go this route as well as if you are left handed you will need a rite handed holster for this system to work. Hope this advice helps, good luck.

VIP Member
    With the quality holster and gun belt, just about any average handgun can be concealed fairly well. That said, I think the SR9c is an easily concealed, easily carried choice. It's fairly compact and not overly heavy. I know it feels a lot less cumbersome than my XD subcompact.

Thanks for the help guys! It will most likely be the next one I buy.

I intend on carrying my SR9c in here in Wisconsin once my permit shows up in the mail. I have a CB SuperTuck that I have been wearing to break it in before I start carrying. It is very comfortable and makes concealing the SR9c very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    I have the 9c and am new to carry but so far so good. getting more used to it and does not seem to be too big at all. Just need to get used to it.
    I have found that I can use the pinky finger ext as it does tend to poke out alot more/easier than the flat one so I did have to switch to that but thats it.
    Good luck. I carry tuckable IWB.
    If you like the pinky extension but do not care for it poking out, you can trim the extension down. Makes concealment easier and I actually think it looks better without the hook on the extension.
    gottabkiddin and Cruizer like this.

Yep I will have to go to the shop and get my hands on one of these.

Distinguished Member
    I have this same edc, SR9c and a CB Supertuck. I carry with the 10 rd. mag, one in the chamber, safety on, at the 4 o'clock position, FBI cant. It just disappears. Very comfortable standing or sitting. Great combo.

The sr9c is my EDC. I would reccomend it to anyone.

I do now. I really like it. I will be buying a Crossbreed too. Right now its in a pancake holster and rides comfortably. Much easier than a Glock that's for sure. Not dissing Glock, I have one. They just don't carry well IWB. I say get the Ruger.

I have an SR9c as well and just got my CWP and am comparing holsters. Part of the comparison is availability. I don't want to wait a month.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I have two crossbreds one for my 1911's Browning Hi Power the other for my Kahr K9 its about the size of the SR9.
    Never owned a SR9 but the reports I get at the range everyone just love's 'em!
    I think the combo of a Crossbred holster & Ruger SR9 would be hard to beat!

Oh yeah

I carry a SR9C everyday in a leather pancake (slide) holster from Stoner and love it, rarely notice it with a my belt from Better Belt USA. I think the very slim slide and frame of the Ruger allow it to disappear behind my hip. I'm 6'4" and 200 lbs, and often wear just a light shirt hanging over it. Layering shirts is helpful. I might get a tuckable IWB option for warmer weather. I also love the pinky extension on my 10-rd mag; I know the extra grip makes a better shooting platform for my larger hands and don't mind if it sticks out more than the flush mag. Merry Christmas everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links