Interesting story from a co-worker

This is a discussion on Interesting story from a co-worker within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So a co-worker comes into the office this morning and he gathers all of us around. This guy is in charge of the office so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting story from a co-worker

Interesting story from a co-worker

So a co-worker comes into the office this morning and he gathers all of us around. This guy is in charge of the office so if anything needs to be done, he's the man. So anyway he proceeds to tell us that he had to come into work about 1am because the alarm went off.

Now the burglar alarm has been going off the last several nights and every time he (co-worker) has come in there has been no one there. Well that wasn't the case last night. I guess when he pulled up the local PD just arrived and there was some guy standing out in front of our door. Well when my co-worker walked up to the door this guy comes over and starts talking to him like he knows him. As soon as the officers saw this they immediately ran over and got their tazer guns out. They proceeded to tell the guy to get his hands out of his pocket. When he pulls his hands out of his pocket he had a crowbar in his hands and he immediately starts running.

They chased him down the street and ended up catching him. We aren't sure why our alarm has been going off because there were no visable signs of an attempted breaking but I guess the guy is a local thug that likes to break into the vending machines outside our building.

So after he tells us this story he said "I should think about getting my handgun permit". I can't tell you how warm and fuzzy that made me feel I'm actually surprised he doesn't already have it because he is a Marine (although no longer enlisted).

I thought I'd share a story that turned out good but I also wanted to remind everyone to always be aware of their surroundings.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Kinda sounds like you have your work cut out for you!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I can't believe he just walked up to a guy he didn't know standing outside of a building whose alarm is going off...

Quote Originally Posted by rvacoastie View Post
    I can't believe he just walked up to a guy he didn't know standing outside of a building whose alarm is going off...
    +1 on that.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    +1.... Wow....
    Something doesn't add up....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Big Pockets!

Quote Originally Posted by tn_sig View Post
    They proceeded to tell the guy to get his hands out of his pocket. When he pulls his hands out of his pocket he had a crowbar in his hands and he immediately starts running.
    Wow, those are some deep pockets! The guy could pocket carry a Desert Eagle in pockets that deep.

Did I read this right? I'm still trying to picture a guy pulling a crowbar out of his pocket...I hope they frisked him good, since he may have had an RPG launcher in the other pocket and grenades in ankle holsters.

To the point, it is good to hear that your manager is thinking of getting armed. Personally, there's no way I'd approach someone standing outside a building where the alarm has gone active...very bad move. It is a good thing that the clown didn't yank a heater out of his pocket or you might now be conducting the office collection for flowers.

He didn't walk up to the BG. He walked up to the door of our building. The BG approached him after he got to the door. He probably didn't feel threatened because the police were there. I don't know for sure though...I would agree that he should have been more cautious and aware of his surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    Wow, those are some deep pockets! The guy could pocket carry a Desert Eagle in pockets that deep.
    LOL...that's what he said. He was probably talking about one of those nail 'pullers' (not sure what they are called) that are about 6 - 8 inches long. Just my guess though

Prybars come in a range of lengths and styles.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I was on a call list for our plant years ago. If an alarm went off the police would start down the list until they found one of us to go there and let them in and stop the alarm. One night around midnight I get the call and head over. I am expecting to find an officer waiting for me but no, they had left the scene. I circled the entire property in my car several times before I stopped and approched a side door. I of course was armed. Turns out an alarm on an oven set off the security alarm, no danger envolved.

The next day I gave my boss hell about having to go there without the police staying to check it out with me. He contacted the police and gave them hell. They were suppose to stay but for some reason the officer didn't.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tn_sig View Post
    So after he tells us this story he said "I should think about getting my handgun permit". I can't tell you how warm and fuzzy that made me feel
    Follow up & get him information on getting a permit in your locality. Don't just tell him about it, give him some info on paper...i.e....forms, applicable laws, recommended handguns, where to train...etc...
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

All kinds of antiMarine jokes come to mind. But I'll refrain I'm glad every thing worked out for him. Help him out where you can, offer to have one of the Navy guys in the office teach him how to shoot when he gets his permits. Just say it from behind cover.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I wouldn't EVEN be answering burgler alarm calls without my Sig...
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

I'd have to agree....if I had to answer these calls I wouldnt do it without my weapon....heck I would wear my gun at work if they would allow it in the building. Oh yeah and i work in the same building as the police.....lmao. Ironic isnt it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links