Do Not Patronize Businesses That Are Anti Concealed Carry - Page 2

Do Not Patronize Businesses That Are Anti Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Do Not Patronize Businesses That Are Anti Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You guys are correct you have to start somewhere but, if you are gonna preach not supporting a business because of a sign then turn ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Do Not Patronize Businesses That Are Anti Concealed Carry

VIP Member
    You guys are correct you have to start somewhere but, if you are gonna preach not supporting a business because of a sign then turn around and support other anti gun products, persons, businesses that is being kind of self centered and hypocritical of others.

Go for what you know though if you think it will help more power to you.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Can we take this one step further? Can anyone compile a list of those businesses that are pro Second Amendment? It's one thing to know who does not support our rights, but another to proactively know who does support us, and then take positive steeps to support them.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    Gun shows in Ohio prohibit the carry of loaded firearms by patrons, and are generally held in venues which are CPZs. One of the two primary CCW groups in Ohio also engages in commerce in many of them, even though they offer the NO GUNS=NO MONEY business cards for sale on their website. Such realities preclude me from getting too worked up about signage displayed by a particular business.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    You guys are correct you have to start somewhere but, if you are gonna preach not supporting a business because of a sign then turn around and support other anti gun products, persons, businesses that is being kind of self centered and hypocritical of others.
    It is one thing to do business with a person who is anti-gun, such as watching a movie produced by anti-gun people, or buying a product from a website. It is an entirely different thing when the business owner wants you to physically come into his place of business in order to buy something and he forbids you to carry your firearm with you. It every business had a 30.06 sign posted, that would almost nullify the point of even getting a CHL. So it is very important that we make business owners understand all of the facts and issues around it.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    It is one thing to do business with a person who is anti-gun, such as watching a movie produced by anti-gun people, or buying a product from a website. It is an entirely different thing when the business owner wants you to physically come into his place of business in order to buy something and he forbids you to carry your firearm with you. It every business had a 30.06 sign posted, that would almost nullify the point of even getting a CHL. So it is very important that we make business owners understand all of the facts and issues around it.
    Not only this, but if something happens, I have no weapon to protect myself. I don't have to worry about this on the internet...

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post

Go for what you know though if you think it will help more power to you.
    There is also a distinction between believing in or against something and trying to enforce your beliefs on someone else by dictating their actions. In this case they may be an anti and choose not to own or carry, but the posting says that I refuse to respect your views.

Being a matter of respect (when it isn't a legal issue), if they are not willing to respect me, I am not willing to respect them and in these cases I will put my views and interests above theirs every time.

No, I think it is an individual choice if you want to go in go ahead if you don"t then thats OK. I choose to avoid those places if that business wants to know why I tell them if they never see me though its tough to ask. On them not me. It is no different than an oil change place that does not use the type of oil I like I choose not go there. You make it sound like we are doing something wrong here and frankly we are not we are choosing just like the business owner is choosing to put the sign up.

While I understand the sentiment, the problem is that in the grand scheme of things, people like those of us on this forum, are a very small minority that will not make a drop in the bucket.

Additionally, I agree with a property owners rights to make their own rules. Who knows the level of training or competence of everyone who carries a gun? I don't feel safe at a public range sometimes the way some of the idiots handle their weapons.
    rokrok and Divebum47 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    While I understand the sentiment, the problem is that in the grand scheme of things, people like those of us on this forum, are a very small minority that will not make a drop in the bucket.

Additionally, I agree with a property owners rights to make their own rules. Who knows the level of training or competence of everyone who carries a gun? I don't feel safe at a public range sometimes the way some of the idiots handle their weapons.
    This is what makes America great. The right of the business owner, the right of the carrier and the right to take business elsewhere. If you dont like the sign go to another shop. I think we all get to raped up in our own rights and forget about others. Lets not go down that narrow minded road....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

If the CCW people make you nervous, just think about all the bad guys! I highly doubt safety is the first thing on their mind! :P

Quote Originally Posted by FryDay View Post
    If the CCW people make you nervous, just think about all the bad guys! I highly doubt safety is the first thing on their mind! :P
    I know what to expect from a criminal
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Maybe so.. but it is a BIG drop in the bucket. I think somewhere around 3% of Texans have a CHL. But it really works out to more than that. Being that the 3% likely to have a CHL are going to be responsible adults with probably larger incomes, that results in a possibly significant loss of sales. The reason I say larger incomes is because in Texas it is fairly expensive to get a CHL and I know a lot of folks who have always wanted to get one but couldn't afford it. I know in some states it is much cheaper and easier. Also guns themselves are not cheap. So a person who holds a CHL probably has disposable income.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

I know what to expect from a criminal
    I wasn't trying to come off as disrespectful. I'm just saying that a no guns allowed sign isn't going to mean squat to a criminal and I would trust a dumb CCW carrier over a dumb criminal with a gun any day.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    When I'm hungry, for example... and I'm with my family, we do a quick check to see what everyone wants and try to agree on something - at that point, whatever is in the area is free game.

I'm lucky in that I don't actually know of any places that officially 'ban guns'... I've seem some signs (not legal) and walk right on by as I figure they only mean illegal guns, since it's not a legal sign. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    When I'm hungry, for example... and I'm with my family, we do a quick check to see what everyone wants and try to agree on something - at that point, whatever is in the area is free game.

I'm lucky in that I don't actually know of any places that officially 'ban guns'... I've seem some signs (not legal) and walk right on by as I figure they only mean illegal guns, since it's not a legal sign. :)
    Legal sign? In Wisconsin they just have to have it posted somewhere OR even told verbally. No special sign required here :-/

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links