Do Not Patronize Businesses That Are Anti Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Do Not Patronize Businesses That Are Anti Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We need to have a list of Wisconsin businesses that have banned weapons so we know ahead of time not to bother with them. Please ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Do Not Patronize Businesses That Are Anti Concealed Carry

We need to have a list of Wisconsin businesses that have banned weapons so we know ahead of time not to bother with them. Please only post businesses that you are positive do not allow weapons. Also if it is a chain/franchise type store post the specific store location since it might not be a corporate decision.

Robert Haack Jewelery -- Milwaukee

HOBO -- South 27th Street -- Milwaukee
    Last edited by Crowman; December 15th, 2011 at 01:35 AM.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Here's the site we reference in MI: MCRGO - Do Not Patronize while Armed
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    Here's the site we reference in MI: MCRGO - Do Not Patronize while Armed
    Excellent site. Hopefully someone puts one up for Wisconsin. Any takers??

Oh, I'm very sorry, I didn't see the sign! Yes, I'll leave.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Here is the database for Ohio. Maybe you could use it for ideas.Do Not Patronize While Armed Database They even post pics of the store fronts and signs.

VIP Member
    Contact your local grassroots organization and have them publish the list on their website.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Well guys this is one we will just have to agree to disagree.

A business has every right to say who or what comes into their stores. My right to carry my gun does not trump theirs.

Now if you truly want to boycott anti gun things lets look at some of the facts and see how far you want to change your life.

Dont go to the ER or take your children to the pediatrician. National associations for both are anti gun.
    Do not go to the movie theater. Some national chains are anti gun as are the actors and actresses starring in them.
    Check before you rent a DVD or buy a CD. Many, many entertainers are anti gun as are the companies that produce their venues.
    Do not go out to eat. Many chain restaurants at the corporate level are anti gun.
    Do not accept a Union Job or work for any company that uses Union labor. If you are so employed quit now. Many Unions are anti gun and support anti gun politicians and vis versa.
    Pull the kids out of school and home school them all the way through college. Teacher, Administrator, School and Parent organizations are anti gun in a big way.

These are just some of the things. So sit at home with no TV or music and eat Ramen noodles if you are truly going to boycott anti gun things. There is a list on here somewhere of part of the anti gun companies and so on if not google it. It is hard not to support the anti message in some way, shape or form whether you want to or not.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I fully agree with a private business getting to decide weather or not anyone can carry a firearm in their place of business. I also fully support anyone who chooses not to give them their business because of these decisions. There is no possible way to avoid all no gun areas but if there are 2 equal businesses and one posts a no gun sign I will spent my money at their competitor and leave a No Guns= No Money card no_guns_cards.jpg
    TheGiant, rokrok, pir8fan and 1 others like this.

A business has every right to say who or what comes into their stores. My right to carry my gun does not trump theirs.
    Here the distinction:

Those business owners have posted an invitation to criminals to use their business as a place to victimize people who cannot have the tools to protect themselves. So as crazy as this may sound they think more of the criminal than they do of decent lawabiding citizens. We know that the a criminal will not abide by that sign but we will. Nope if they have sign especially seeing that it is out of ignorance/emotion that they posted that sign then they are telling me they would rather cater to the criminal than to me.
    lchamp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    I completely agree with you. BUT! I have the right to spend money in a place where I feel safe. Anti-gun signs are just asking for an armed robber to come into your business. The chance of meeting anyone else with a gun is slim :-/

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post

Now if you truly want to boycott anti gun things lets look at some of the facts and see how far you want to change your life.

Dont go to the ER or take your children to the pediatrician. National associations for both are anti gun.
    Do not go to the movie theater. Some national chains are anti gun as are the actors and actresses starring in them.
    Check before you rent a DVD or buy a CD. Many, many entertainers are anti gun as are the companies that produce their venues.
    Do not go out to eat. Many chain restaurants at the corporate level are anti gun.
    Do not accept a Union Job or work for any company that uses Union labor. If you are so employed quit now. Many Unions are anti gun and support anti gun politicians and vis versa.
    Pull the kids out of school and home school them all the way through college. Teacher, Administrator, School and Parent organizations are anti gun in a big way.

These are just some of the things. So sit at home with no TV or music and eat Ramen noodles if you are truly going to boycott anti gun things. There is a list on here somewhere of part of the anti gun companies and so on if not google it. It is hard not to support the anti message in some way, shape or form whether you want to or not.
    First, no one said they don't have a right to post - they do. What this thread is about is our right not to spend money at these places.

As far as the rest of your diatribe - we have start somewhere. Your recommendation to just give up isn't an option.

I applaud the person who started this thread and the people who created those "do not patronize" lists and web sites. As gun owners, this is exactly what we need to do to change this country back around.
    5108696 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "BUT! I have the right to spend money in a place where I feel safe... The chance of meeting anyone else with a gun is slim "

If you feel safe, why are you carrying a gun? I carry where I feel it is not safe. It's not inside the businesses I'm worried about, it's outside, where the chances of trouble are much higher.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "BUT! I have the right to spend money in a place where I feel safe... The chance of meeting anyone else with a gun is slim "

If you feel safe, why are you carrying a gun? I carry where I feel it is not safe. It's not inside the businesses I'm worried about, it's outside, where the chances of trouble are much higher.
    My crystal ball doesn't work that well. Bad stuff can happen anywhere and the worst of it seems to happen in victim disarmament zones.

I don't predict. I prepare.
    5108696 likes this.
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (1920–2006)

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post

I don't feel safe when I carry. I would not do anything while carrying that I wouldn't do while not carrying. When I am armed I am prepared for the unexpected and the unexpected can happen anywhere at any time.
    rokrok, 5108696 and Ghost1958 like this.

Hopefully this issue will pass. When concealed carry was first passed in Texas back in the 1990's, we had a lot of businesses put up signs forbidding concealed carry. However, over time more and more of those signs have begun to disappear. Most have been replaced by ones like this:

This makes the anti-gun crown feel good because they don't really understand that the sign is essentially meaningless. As CHL holders, we walk right past. I can only think of 3 places that still have the 30.06 sign actually forbidding concealed carry. One is my wife's doctor's office. The other is the YMCA, and lastly and most ironically the Ft.Worth gun show..
    NCSoxFan and jrclen like this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links