Interesting for those who use paddle holsters.

This is a discussion on Interesting for those who use paddle holsters. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Why you don't use a kydex paddle holster - YouTube Just run across this n thought it was interesting.....maybe something to it, i do not ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By GentlemanJim
  • 1 Post By sgb
  • 1 Post By SpencerB
  • 2 Post By gunthorp
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike

Thread: Interesting for those who use paddle holsters.

Interesting for those who use paddle holsters.

Why you don't use a kydex paddle holster - YouTube Just run across this n thought it was interesting.....maybe something to it, i do not use a paddle holster, but thought it might help those that do....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

2. Remove Ads

I know i will get the situational awareness replys, ect ..... not wanting to start a reasons why it cant n wont happen to you, just thought it was something i had never thought of, and might be of interest to someone.....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Might just as well have titled it, "Why you don't open carry."

The aggressor could just as well drawn the weapon instead of ripping the holster apart.

That's a good reason to relegate Fobus holsters to concealed carry only, in my opinion.

Jim
    tommy62 likes this.

Yep.. saw that a few weeks ago on a different forum. Kind of scary..
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

sgb
    First it isn't Kydex, it's a Fobus which is made of a very thin thermoplastic.

This is why one should shy away from cheap holsters.
    JerryMac likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    First it isn't Kydex, it's a Fobus which is made of a very thin thermoplastic.

This is why one should shy away from cheap holsters.
    exactly
    JerryMac likes this.

I have that very same Forbus holster. It isn't necessarily a favorite of mine but I don't think this video is truthful. I can not break mine apart on my workbench with a vise and pliers by pulling, twisting, and any combination. It appears that the material did not break, tear, etc., but the rivets gave way because it is shown in the two component pieces. I'm guessing the rivets were weakened, possibly replaced with a breakable material, to produce a dramatic effect. Can't imagine the purpose unless it is to sell leather holsters.

VIP Member
    Fobus reinforced the inside rivets with a steel plate after this problem was revealed. The draw stroke needs to be straight up, and this may present a problem in awkward positions. Concealed carry is recommended, especially with all open top holsters.
    TN_Mike and Tally XD like this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    Fobus reinforced the inside rivets with a steel plate after this problem was revealed. The draw stroke needs to be straight up, and this may present a problem in awkward positions. Concealed carry is recommended, especially with all open top holsters.
    You beat me to it Gunthorp. Fobus corrected this problem. I own a few Fobus holsters and I do carry in them from time to time but only concealed. The Fobus isn't a holster suited to open carry.

Interesting how a thread on the possible weakness of a pretty inexpensive holster only went three replies before GentelmanJim tried to turn it into a "Why you shouldn't open carry" BS thread. Nice attempt and hijacking the thread. It didn't work.
    Thunder71 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    Did not know, been a loooooong time since I looked at fobus. Thanks for the info.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Old news, "2007" video, but still worth refreshing everyone's memory on these type holsters.
    ...T. Ray

I agree, while paddles are convenient, especially if you're running errands and have to go into a courthouse/bank/etc, but in this instance they aren’t worth the risk. Thanks for sharing a visual.
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - US Marine Corps

Links