Jeans for pocket carry

Jeans for pocket carry

This is a discussion on Jeans for pocket carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wonder what people's thoughts/preferences are, regarding pocket carry in jeans. I'm a jeans and front pocket carrying kind of guy, and I've read a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Jeans for pocket carry

Jeans for pocket carry

I wonder what people's thoughts/preferences are, regarding pocket carry in jeans. I'm a jeans and front pocket carrying kind of guy, and I've read a bunch of times that people can't fit X gun in pocket. I usually wear a pair of loose fit old navy's, and I have no trouble fitting all sorts of guns. I only pocket my lcr, but I know I can squeeze in a kahr CW9, or even a mp9c in my front right (and I'm not a tall guy). Just curious.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    There is only one pair of jeans where my 5 shot can not fit. All of the other jeans can fit the gun just fine.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

It's a J frame or small subcompact auto for me. I like pocket carry and do it all the time, but it's a pretty slow draw so I only do it when I feel pretty secure in my surroundings.
    JerryMac and bigmacque like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Right rear pocket (yup - I sit on it). I don't have that much padding, but it's quite comfortable. It has a much quicker draw than front pocket carry would allow for, you just have to be a little more careful on what you sweep.

Ruger LCP 380 Pocket/Wallet Holster
    Ogre likes this.

I do that a lot, with a small auto, and is considered a BUG gun, when I choose IWB with another weapon , but never leave home without one somewhere.....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I caary a Kahr cm9 now . For 2 1/2 years a KT pf-9 and for 20years+ A 5 shot snubby/ I worked constrution and aways moonliting so jeans or bibs are my main go to and I never found an option of carry with bibs. Now I just don't think about it. I put a pistol inmy pocket before my phobe and shoes. I do sometimes carry a larger kahr in IWB but staightup in the same location .

If you can get a pair lose enough and with big enough pockets to be able to draw it easily they're good. Check out the fit and pocket carefully before buying, some have shallow pockets and are tight to the body. Keep in mind concealment also. Is the pocket and jean going to print the gun?

I wouldn't try a pair with a real gun to test in the store. You might have a SWAT team surrounding you to check the fit. Ask about return policy; if you can do that, take them home and try them with your gun + looking in mirror for printing soon as you get home.

I find it MUCH easier to draw from an IWB holster :vs: a pocket holster...in jeans. Dress/casual pants work much better with a pocket holster...I'm just sayin'...
    Sfire likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I have yet to find a pair of jeans that has a deep enough pocket to completely conceal my J-frame or even my P3AT. Cargo pants or cargo shorts seem to work much better for me.

VIP Member
    Its all a matter of your size, the fit of the pants, and the way the pockets are made. I'm presently wearing a pair of jeans I can't get anything in. I've got some other jeans I can stuff a pretty good sized .40 into the right of left front pocket. I've got loose fitting cargo pants with upper pockets too small to hold much of anything. Lots of variables.

Things are getting a bit wild around our town and I may start experimenting with rear pocket or SOB. After the new year I'm ordering some Remora holsters in different sizes and styles to see how they work out for IWB. If our weather wasn't so darn hot most of the time I'd be seriously thinking about an OWB with cover garments.

One more murder within a mile of me and one more armed bank robbery at the places I do business and the game is going to change.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

RKM
    Depends on the jeans. I have a few pairs of jeans with looser pockets that will work. But I prefer pocket carry in my shorts during the summer since they have a diagonal cut, unlike the jeans that are straight across. Much easier to reach in a pocket with a diagonal cut then "down" into a jeans pocket. I only jeans pocket carry if I need to. I'll pocket carry in my work pants because they have the same type of pocket as dress pants and shorts. Most of all, I prefer IWB carry of a larger firearm. I only pocket carry when I need ultra deep concealment with absolutely zero chances of exposure.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Columbia has some great paints to for carry with out have that unwanted taci-kool or stupid look. Not work paint but nice pants
    Hiden pocket in several behind the right front for a wallet opened up and phone/mag/knife pouch.

I can carry my G26 in most of my jeans. Sure, you can see there is something in the pocket, if you were really looking. but no telling that it is not a wallet or a phone. Also, if your pockets DON"T fit, its really not that hard to make a bigger pocket.
    Hopyard likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragman View Post
    I can carry my G26 in most of my jeans. Sure, you can see there is something in the pocket, if you were really looking. but no telling that it is not a wallet or a phone. Also, if your pockets DON"T fit, its really not that hard to make a bigger pocket.
    Yes, but I have to beg my seamstress nicely, and sooner or later the bill comes due.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    I wear relaxed fit jeans and cargo pants, both by Wrangler, most of the time. I have no problem concealing a j frame Smith in a front pocket with very little bulge. I'm currently using an old Galco horsehide pocket holster but I have two Mikas on order, one round cut and one square.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links