If Technology Had a Disabling Device As Effective as Guns: Would You Give Yours Up?

This is a discussion on If Technology Had a Disabling Device As Effective as Guns: Would You Give Yours Up? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No for one simple reason. The minute that someone comes up with the "Perfect" Non-Lethal technology some Geek will begin working on a way to ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: If Technology Had a Disabling Device As Effective as Guns: Would You Give Yours Up?

No for one simple reason. The minute that someone comes up with the "Perfect" Non-Lethal technology some Geek will begin working on a way to jam it or neutralize it. Hard to mess with an old fashioned 1911!
    William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

2. Remove Ads

If the weapon was lethal, not battery dependent and couldn't easily be blocked (even a gun can be blocked, body armor, etc.) Yes. I was raised with guns (Ohio farm boy, career Marine, etc) but I would go with the most effective technology. All of the arguments presented have relationship to our present state of technology . Developing technology could come up with a more effective system.

The Samuari loved their swords but the gun prevailed.

I like horses too, but I drive a car

That said, the technology has not reached a stage yet where it is as dependable or lethal as a gun, so Smith and Wesson are still my constant companions.
    9MMare likes this.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by jmiked View Post
    No for one simple reason. The minute that someone comes up with the "Perfect" Non-Lethal technology some Geek will begin working on a way to jam it or neutralize it. Hard to mess with an old fashioned 1911!
    xtreme_bodyarmor_aj.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links