Pennsylvania CCW

Pennsylvania CCW

This is a discussion on Pennsylvania CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know what you need to get a CCW from Pennsylvania? It says you need business ties, family or own property in York County. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pennsylvania CCW

Pennsylvania CCW

Does anyone know what you need to get a CCW from Pennsylvania? It says you need business ties, family or own property in York County. Does anyone have a permit from Penn? What county do you go through to get the permit the easiest?

Go to Pafoa.org/ all the info is there. Residents must apply in person in the county of residence. Takes a whole 15 minutes in Lackawanna county. If you you are a nonresident you must have a permit in your home state but a resident only needs a current drivers license or a current state issued ID,and a clean record. License is good for five years and runs about 25 dollars give or take a few bucks for different counties.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor man View Post
    Go to Pafoa.org/ all the info is there. Residents must apply in person in the county of residence. Takes a whole 15 minutes in Lackawanna county. If you you are a nonresident you must have a permit in your home state but a resident only needs a current drivers license or a current state issued ID,and a clean record. License is good for five years and runs about 25 dollars give or take a few bucks for different counties.
    Is there a specific county that it would be best to apply?

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Is there a specific county that it would be best to apply?
    What is the nearest county to you? You have to apply in person.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    What is the nearest county to you? You have to apply in person.
    You have to apply in person if you are a non-resident? If that's the case I can't do that, I am in Wisconsin.

It's something that they changed this year. All applicants must apply in person. Digital photo and screen capture of signature.

According to handgunlawus.com your Wi. Permit is good in Pa. I assume you have a Wi. Permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor man View Post
    According to handgunlawus.com your Wi. Permit is good in Pa. I assume you have a Wi. Permit.
    Yes I do have a permit in Wisconsin but no way I can get to PA. So I guess I will check on another state non-resident. Thanks for the info.

Yes I do have a permit in Wisconsin but no way I can get to PA. So I guess I will check on another state non-resident. Thanks for the info.
    Arizona would be cheapest and easiest. Can be had thru the mail, your WI permit can be used for training, and it's only $60.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Arizona would be cheapest and easiest. Can be had thru the mail, your WI permit can be used for training, and it's only $60.
    Yes I was looking at that...I have to go to different training, as my training was not NRA instructors...and Arizona requires training to be instructed by NRA instructors, that class is $100 and 8 hours. I plan on taking that course next month. I already have the packet from Arizona for applying for the permit.

What are you looking for because according to handgunlawus.com your permit is accepted in Pa. Are you going to Pa. Or are you just looking to get other states Besides the 21that already honor your permit?

Yes I would like to get another state to increase the states covered.

Your permit is honored by 21states hold tight and hope that federal bill hr822 passes in the senate now that it has passed in the house of reps. Resident permits will be like drivers licenses then. I'm waiting to see the outcome. If by June there is nothing I will go for my Fl. Nonresident and gane 7 more states a total of 36.

Yes I was looking at that...I have to go to different training, as my training was not NRA instructors...and Arizona requires training to be instructed by NRA instructors, that class is $100 and 8 hours. I plan on taking that course next month. I already have the packet from Arizona for applying for the permit.
    You don't need additional training....a copy of your WI permit will suffice.

See N 6 here

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.

2. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

3. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

7. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

8. Completion of any other firearms safety or training course or class that is conducted by a department of public safety approved or national rifle association certified firearms instructor.

wouldn't the Utah non resident at at least 9 more states?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links