Hey, newbies (and others), has your posture changed? Here's my New Year's Resolution.

This is a discussion on Hey, newbies (and others), has your posture changed? Here's my New Year's Resolution. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I caught myself reverting to bad posture! My mother burned into my brain to stand up straight and tall. Now that I am newly carrying ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By localgirl
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By gunther71

Thread: Hey, newbies (and others), has your posture changed? Here's my New Year's Resolution.

Hey, newbies (and others), has your posture changed? Here's my New Year's Resolution.

I caught myself reverting to bad posture! My mother burned into my brain to stand up straight and tall.
    Now that I am newly carrying concealed, pretty much everywhere I go legally, I've found my posture suffers. I think I am subconsciencely trying to conceal/protect my weapon. When I sit at a restaurant, I am hunched over my plate. When I walk, my shoulders are hunched and my head is lowered. I didn't realize I was doing it until my nose almost hit my plate at dinner! What a dope.
    So, I remembered my NRA training. Look confident and secure and be alert at every moment.

My New Year's Resolution is to square those shoulders and stand tall and confident like my mama said.

Do you have a New Year's Carry Resolution?
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

2. Remove Ads

I do, but it's the result of watching champs like Randi Rogers. Once she pointed it out, I noticed that almost every woman you see shooting, arches her back like she's trying to get away from the gun. Not that I can blame them, they're kinda loud and startling. But the ideal stance is to lean forward, aggressively, to steady your shot and absorb recoil. It's my goal for the future.
    Firearm.Fan.Girl likes this.

VIP Member
    That avatar freaked me out for a minute, but there must be no felonies involved based on your profile statement. I am a big spotted eagle fan. As for posture, with a 3:00 IWB carry, straight and tall is the best way to keep it from printing.

Yep, same one I've had for the past 20 years, lose weight. Maybe it'll take this year?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Yup, I do that also. Man, the bad habits stack up.
    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I do, but it's the result of watching champs like Randi Rogers. Once she pointed it out, I noticed that almost every woman you see shooting, arches her back like she's trying to get away from the gun. Not that I can blame them, they're kinda loud and startling. But the ideal stance is to lean forward, aggressively, to steady your shot and absorb recoil. It's my goal for the future.
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    That avatar freaked me out for a minute, but there must be no felonies involved based on your profile statement. I am a big spotted eagle fan.
    Here's KS's full story. (Off topic but worthy.)

Wildlife Center of Virginia Blog Archive Virginia Beach Bald Eagle
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

After all the years in the military wearing a side arm, carrying a m4, and wearing a bullet bouncer for a year straight in Iraq.

I think my posture is screwed!

Links