Ruger Alaskan 454 CCW? - Page 4

Ruger Alaskan 454 CCW?

This is a discussion on Ruger Alaskan 454 CCW? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CaptSmith I would say NO....seem's to me the gun was marketed for "protection nature carry" to people that want the biggest handgun ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ruger Alaskan 454 CCW?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    I would say NO....seem's to me the gun was marketed for "protection nature carry" to people that want the biggest handgun they can carry, in the smallest package ...put 6 or 8 inches of barrel on the thing and it would be a weapon to be feared by all nasty creatures..but as it is, its an abomination...snubby cannon, that doesnt get the job done and is ungainly where ever it goes, sizable recoil, blinding at nite...has the "new" barrel system
    using a "liner" ...you'll see , I think............................................. not Smith and Wesson finest gun
    Let's see; does not know who makes the gun and has no knowledge that a man in Alaska killed a charging Grizzly with this gun which caused these guns to fly off the shelves. Another example of an informed opinion posted on a gun forum. Be afraid, be very afraid of where you get your information from. I teach new shooters and most end up buying guns based on what they read on the internet and end up unhappy with their choice after a few months. Then they listen to me and get the proper gun for them. :)

A friend of mine carries an Alaskan, I believe it's his EDC. Surprised me, but he seems to be doing alright :) He's not a huge guy, pretty average height average build. I don't know why someone would carry this particular weapon, because unless you are in bear country it is more of a "it's just cool, bragging rights" type gun, and as an EDC you aren't really in a position to show it off.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links