5.11 tactical holster shirts - Page 2

5.11 tactical holster shirts

This is a discussion on 5.11 tactical holster shirts within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Will a Glock 23 work in one of these ??...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.11 tactical holster shirts

Will a Glock 23 work in one of these ??

My Glock 19, which is the same size as a 23, fits very well. My only concern is the lack of trigger protection I mentioned in my earlier reply.

I have not personally tried these but am planning on ordering one. My manner of dress (western) tends to make it a bit of a challenge to conceal either one of my carry guns unless I want to go untucked. Has anyone else tried these or known someone who has? It just seems that it may work a little better seeing as how you could wear it multiple days w/o washing since it would go over your undergarments...

Concealed Carry Holster | Shoulder Holsters | CCW Holsters | Deep Conceal
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

I have two of these, one black, one white and they are great. However, be careful if you have to run around much. My dog ran away through my neighborhood while i was wearing one with my g27. On my pursuit the glock somehow came out of the pocket/holster and was caught by my cover shirt that was tucked in right in front of my belly. This was really scary for me since I do carry with one in the pipe. It was also awkward walking through my neighborhood trying to figure out if i should re holster or leave it where it was before i got back home.

I should try the pin that was mentioned earlier maybe that would help.

I was not too happy with my dog.

DL
    I am a fan of 5.11 and have bought several items. I am curious to know where you folks buy on line. I have gone to LA police gear a bit. Anybody find good deals anywhere else?

I have one of these holster shirts. They work well, but they are very hot.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I have a white one that I wear quite often. I carry my LC9 when I jog with no problems. As others have said, be careful with heavier guns. I had my glock 19 fall out when I was doing laundry. Luckily I was at my house when it happened. My wife had a laugh and accused me of being overly protective of my laundry.

VIP Member
    I have a black one, wear it on occasion, sometimes at church, with my Keltec P11 on left side, spare mag on right, works quite well
    good additional carry option
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

They have really large pockets. My Kahr CM9 feels like it's at the bottom of a deep hole in the shirt. I don't like them.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I like the concept but I am skeptical as to the accessibility of the firearm when fully dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I like the concept but I am skeptical as to the accessibility of the firearm when fully dressed.
    It isn't as accessible as a belt holster, for sure.

5.11 makes a button-up shirt with snaps that look like buttons, which makes it easier to access your weapon in the holster shirt.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links