5.11 tactical holster shirts

This is a discussion on 5.11 tactical holster shirts within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i was christmas shopping at the army surplus store looking for the thing that just stands out but is relatively useless and i saw a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.11 tactical holster shirts

Talking 5.11 tactical holster shirts

i was christmas shopping at the army surplus store looking for the thing that just stands out but is relatively useless and i saw a shirt that had two shoulder holsters built in one on each side perfect for my 1911 full size just thought id share that they also make shirts and coats with hiden pockets mine was more of an underarmor material

2. Remove Ads

Very appropriate timing for this thread. I've been slacking off my carry habits because my belt holster rigs don't fit my daily dress for work. Ive been looking into the 5.11 tac holster shirts, with the 5.11 carry shirts and my normal work shirts. my sig 229 just likes to stick out of everything i have right now.

I would love to hear thoughts of people who use this and pictures if possible. If not ill probably get one soon, and post a report.

side note, this probably needs to go to carry holsters and carry options.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I have the under aromour type shirts and can't say enough good about them. I carry in them often especially in the summer. They are padded and conceal the gun very well.

eb
    I have a bunch of 5.11 clothing and I've been impressed with all of it except their "Dress" style leather belts. I only paid $9 on clearance for the belt I got, but it hasn't held up... everything else is fine though.

I bought one of the T shirt type awhile ago. I found it had to fit so tight so as not to bang into my chest that it was very uncomfortable to wear.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Couple of questions for those of you who replied.

cowboy, what gun(s) do you comfortable conceal in them?

Rob, have you ever worn a compression shirt such as under armour? i frequently wear these with my typical dress so i find them more comfortable then a cotton T. If you also hate under armour then this is a fundamental difference :)

Yep, I don't like clothing that fits tightly. I find it a little too constricting. That's probably why I didn't care for the holster T.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I have a 5.11 Holster shirt as well. It's not my favorite way to carry but it's great for any time I need to be "Extra" concealed or if I will be sitting or driving a lot. The reinforced "Yoke" carries the weight of my Glock 22 well, tho I would not recommend jogging with it. If I carry my Glock 27 it disappears completely.

My only real complaint is that it does not protect the trigger very well. By which I mean that the trigger can be pulled threw the material of the shirt. Not a big deal because it is easy to cover with your arm, but something to consider.

Those shirts are great but beware of the holding power of three little velcro tabs if you bend forward with a heavy 1911 in your underarm. Anything heavier than a Kel-Tech or LCP .380 mini and you're taking a bit of a chance, so sit up straight.

Sponsor
    A strategically placed safety pin or a few stitches with a needle and thread will make for a more secure custom fit. I have carried a full sized 1911 in mine but it is not optimal. My Commander is a perfect fit. Any of the Kahrs or a PPS would be invisible.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Whatgun, I appologize for the late reply.

I routinely carry a Bulgarian Makarov 9x18 which is a single stack as the most comfortable.

I also carry a 4'' .357 revolver at times just because I like revolvers. Once your used to it they are great.

They may not be the thing for everyone I'm 5'11 180 lbs. and they work great for me.

I bought one this year. Very comfortable and gun fits securely in place. Will be purchasing a P11 to go inside the shirt as a perfect match.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Just wanted to update here I got one for Christmas and have been using it a decent amount since then.

I routinely wear Under Armour under dress shirts and found this to be extremely comfortable.

I am tall 6'4 270, I go the shirt in XL (my usual size), and it was incredibly long. I simply tucked this in.

It holds and hides my 229 very well. Concealment isn't amazing (its still a 229), but under a medium dark dress shirt, hoodie, etc, it concealed very well.

It carried the huge weight of that gun very well and and cannot explain how comfortable it was, working (desk), driving, sitting, movie theatre, parties all fine.

Overall this is will provide the solution i was looking for. Better concealment in a small office with lots of interaction with people who i feel would notice a traditional holster method. I currently own one shirt and intend to get more so im not washing one constantly.

I use them and find for me it works better with lightweight pistols like the PM9!

I have 2 and wear them under a sweatshirt when I run. Carries my LCR great.

I don't wear them in the summer as they're pretty warm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links