Back with another tale of CC, this time with an added bonus

This is a discussion on Back with another tale of CC, this time with an added bonus within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted last weekend that I has CC'ed for the first time. I stated that I had not worked up my way to one in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Back with another tale of CC, this time with an added bonus

I posted last weekend that I has CC'ed for the first time. I stated that I had not worked up my way to one in the pipe. Well I popped that cherry!! I had to make a run into town and went at it solo. I thought that Im without my wife and daughter that Im gonna do this. I racked the slide on my trusty SW990L, placing a nice fat JHP round in the chamber and slipped it back into my new leather molded holster I picked up at the gun show (perfect fit for the firearm and fit on me). Hopped into the truck and Im now WALMART bound (I have no idea what attracts firearm owners to Wally World). I shopped all over that chinese goods warehouse. Being I had my jacket on also no one knew that I had popped that "one in the pipe" cherry. I have always handled my firearms as if it was always loaded anyway, this felt good knowing I now have a tool for protection on me and not just a paper weight.
    Pkupmn98 likes this.

You mean you had a round in the chamber and the gun didn't jump out of the holster and shoot someone??

Now I must ask you, what is so different about the trip to town you just described and one you made with the wife and daughter? Does your wife or daughter regularly fondle your gun while you walk through stores? Now that you have carried with a round in the chamber and no one figured it out and no one was killed, I would think that you should be able to keep right on carrying that way.
    gunguy82 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Watch it my friend, it's a slippery slope! Next thing, you'll be wanting to carry a BUG!
    82d DIVARTY likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Good for you. As TN_Mike alluded to; keep it that way. Seconds are precious if you ever need em.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

No. They dont mess with the gun at all. I guess it was one of those "AH, why dont I do this" moments. My daughter is 2 and I make sure that my firearms are well out of her reach and because of that she pays no attention that I have mine on. I guess them not being with me really didnt make my choice to try it. I just thought why the hell not, If Im gonna carry this hunk of metal on me it better be of some use if the time arrives. Having my firearm ready to rock is a big step for someone who really never carried in the past. Its a big responsibility to carry a gun and is one I do not take lightly.
    TN_Mike likes this.

oh and mike, I DO plan to keep carrying it ready.
    TN_Mike likes this.

If you're uncomfortable with a semi auto, buy a revolver, but carrying without a chambered round is like wiping before you poop
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

I was really at ease while carrying it today while chambered. I really like my new holster that I got this past weekend. My pistol is hard to buy a holster for (SW990L full frame). I took it to the gun show last weekend so I could fit it to whatever holster merchants I came across. I found a nice hard leather holster made by a local and even though it was fitted for a XD .45 it fit my smith perfect. I felt better having this and not the holster kings universal fit that I had. This allowed me to rest easy about carrying a loaded firearm.

Glad to hear you have overcome that reservation, keep it up, practice and stay safe.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunguy82 View Post
    If you're uncomfortable with a semi auto, buy a revolver, but carrying without a chambered round is like wiping before you poop
    You mean you don't do that? There are some weird people on here............
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Watch it my friend, it's a slippery slope! Next thing, you'll be wanting to carry a BUG!
    And a spare magazine too!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Oh I have a nice little BUG if I want to carry it. A Taurus Ultralite .38 subby. I have looked at the options of carrying a spare mag

SW99 is the same as a Walther P99
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

I have to admit, having a handgun with a round in the chamber pointed at my leg gave me pause too. But I'm getting used to it.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jwinston View Post
    No. They dont mess with the gun at all. I guess it was one of those "AH, why dont I do this" moments. My daughter is 2 and I make sure that my firearms are well out of her reach and because of that she pays no attention that I have mine on. I guess them not being with me really didnt make my choice to try it. I just thought why the hell not, If Im gonna carry this hunk of metal on me it better be of some use if the time arrives. Having my firearm ready to rock is a big step for someone who really never carried in the past. Its a big responsibility to carry a gun and is one I do not take lightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinston View Post
    oh and mike, I DO plan to keep carrying it ready.
    Good for you. That is the right mindset.

I had to draw for real in 2009 while pumping gas in Memphis TN. Gang member was in the process of reaching for a gun in his over sized baggy pants. I beat him to the draw and he ran. I can tell you I didn't beat him by much and had I needed to stop and rack the slide I doubt I would have won. That is, *if* I didn't bobble the whole thing and drop the gun since I was going through an adrenaline dump at the moment!

Keep it ready to go to work on a split seconds notice. That's the way it is designed to be carried.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links