Arizona question related to Constitutional Carry

This is a discussion on Arizona question related to Constitutional Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend and I are going thru Arizona several times a year. This year it will be more than the usual "freeway flyer" with about ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bardo

Thread: Arizona question related to Constitutional Carry

A friend and I are going thru Arizona several times a year. This year it will be more than the usual "freeway flyer" with about a week of vacationing in the state before moving it on north. The length of the next stay in Arizona and the recent change to Constitutional Carry in Arizona laws has brought up a question that neither of us seem to be able to answer. We have read NRAILA and tried many sites on the Internet but even the state statutes just give us a headache to read. So HELP !!!

The question: When carrying a gun in the truck does it still have to be plainly visible ? I usually lay it on the bench seat in a holster. Now that it is legal to conceal the firearm without a permit....can I now leave it in my holster on my belt (concealed both in the vehicle and so still concealed when I exit the vehicle) ?
    That is the main jist of the question: with the new law authorizing concealed carry without permit, can the firearm be concealed within the vehicle (loaded in glove box, loaded OWB holster covered by shirt, under seat ...ect) ?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

I am not a lawyer or an expert, but I am an Arizona resident, and to the best of my knowledge you can leave it concealed anywhere, absolutely, with no permit as long as you do not carry it into a place of business that posts a no weapons sign, or that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises. And even THAT is OK if you have a ccw permit. Also, there's the federal school limitations.

These days, the law is so lax, you really have very little to worry about here.
    MinistrMalic likes this.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    IANAL, so take this as unqualified advice. (I do NRA pistol classes and AZ CCW classes though) Bardo is correct. As per the AZ constitution, if you are legally allowed to own the firearm in question you are legally allowed to conceal it on your person in most places. If you have a valid CCW from another state, AZ recognizes it as well. Without a CCW you can conceal carry almost anywhere but federal facilities AND any establishment that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises. With a CCW, the restaurants are fair game too if they are not posted in a particular manner. Handgunlaw.us explains it all pretty well.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Both of the above are correct but leave out two places. Military Reservations which are well marked and Indian Reservations which are sometimes totally unmarked. If you THINK you might be going on an Indian reservation you would need to check the tribal laws!
    William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

Sponsored Links