Wife Wanted Me To Carry

Wife Wanted Me To Carry

This is a discussion on Wife Wanted Me To Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night I was in total shock! We decided to go to Wal-Mart to look at the toys (for my daughter) and what do we ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Wife Wanted Me To Carry

Wife Wanted Me To Carry

Last night I was in total shock! We decided to go to Wal-Mart to look at the toys (for my daughter) and what do we come across, The new poster child for the "people of Wal-Mart" website. Mind you I am living in North Dakota, this gal we saw had less than a 1 piece bathing suit on. She had no jacket in the cart and was not dressed for the winters we have up here. Mind you, we are having a warmer than normal Christmas (NO snow what so ever) but it is still below freezing out here. From the looks of things there were quite the collection of nuts and fruit cakes (please pardon the pun). After we walked back to our car, my wife commented I would have liked to have you carry now, but I had left it at home as we were going out to eat. In ND you cant carry a gun, even with a permit, in any business that serves alcohol. Any way, Merry Christmas to all and keep safe this holiday season!
    If Guns kill people then all of mine are defective!
    My idea of gun control is using BOTH hands!

Permits in: ND (resident), CT, UT, FL, AZ & MN
    North Dakota Concealed Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Nam
    It's great that your wife sees the light.

VIP Member
    Well now that she has seen the light, maybe Santa will get you a late Christmas present. Say a small car safe you can lock your gun in when you go into place where carry isn't allowed.
    Last edited by archer51; December 25th, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
    RoadRunner71 and JerryMac like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Keep the pressure on your politicians. We just got restaurant carry passed here in Ohio.
    pistola, JerryMac and ktulu92fs like this.

Get a COM safe for in the car and carry your gun everywhere you can,for those times it's off limits lock it up until you return to the vehicle.Here unless a business derives 51% of its income from on premise alcohol consumption it's not off limits to CHL holders
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Get a COM safe for in the car and carry your gun everywhere you can,for those times it's off limits lock it up until you return to the vehicle.Here unless a business derives 51% of its income from on premise alcohol consumption it's not off limits to CHL holders
    I second the safe suggestion. I'll use the safe when I have to, but otherwise wear my EDC all day long.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!

All kidding aside, I think that's pretty cool. My wife isn't against guns, but doesn't like them much. I told her earlier this year that I want to take a CCW class, and I think she is finally starting to accept the idea. I mentioned it yesterday and she just nodded. (I take that as a good sign).
    JerryMac likes this.

The only problem I have with my wife is who carries and thus drive home when we go to our favorite restaurant. Here in AZ you can carry into a alcohol serving establishment as long as you do not drink alcohol.

Thus the one that carries, drives home. Lately we have taken to tossing a coin!
    Last edited by jmiked; December 25th, 2011 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Fumble Fingers
    William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

Sure sounds like ND needs to update their carry laws.... Merry Christmas to you and your family....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Why did you wife suggest carrying after seeing the lady in a bathing suit?
    Was she armed with a pair of 38s?
    Charles07 and JerryMac like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercapt View Post
    Why did you wife suggest carrying after seeing the lady in a bathing suit?
    Was she armed with a pair of 38s?
    My wife was so shocked, it being winter in ND and only 22 degrees. She talked a bit too loud and afraid the John may be armed, since the gal looked like a lady of the evening. There is no way she was carrying. Everything the gal was wearing was so tight no way she could carry.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    In PA we can carry in bars, restaurants, pretty much everyplace except court houses, schools, and Federally owned buildings. It's been that way for quite a while. In Vermont there has been no problem with over 100 years of carry about everyplace with out a permit.

Amazing the restrictions that legislators put on CCW laws some time inspite of a 100 years of proof they aren't needed.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Here in NY we can not leave guns in the car but can carry in places that serve alchol.

24 Days ‘Til Christmas | www.peopleofwalmart.com

Is this the lady in question. She is wearing a cape

Quote Originally Posted by scott625 View Post
    24 Days ‘Til Christmas | www.peopleofwalmart.com

Is this the lady in question. She is wearing a cape
    I wish, I would have tried to have my picture taken with her, she looks good. The encounter my wife and I had, the gal should not have been dressed the way she was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links