Yet another to CC

This is a discussion on Yet another to CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Police Aim To Crack Down On Violent New Trend, 'Knock Out' | Fox News...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Yet another to CC

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Most of these attacks are without any warning, often from behind. My guess is in the vast majority of the cases even being armed isn't going to help. Anyone caught participating in this "game" should be tried and a sentence carried out immediately. I think a just sentence would be 100 lashes to the back with a whip. The punishment done publicly and afterwords his wounds cleansed with salt water.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

know your surroundings at all times, avoid susceptible iffy scenarios, keep one in the chamber

I noticed in the article, one guy said he saw the group and it seemed out of place, and the man who was killed took a shortcut down an alley. Both lessons to trust your instincts, avoid possible trouble (alley), and always carry! So sad and terrible that these crimes are happening.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Most of these attacks are without any warning, often from behind. My guess is in the vast majority of the cases even being armed isn't going to help. Anyone caught participating in this "game" should be tried and a sentence carried out immediately. I think a just sentence would be 100 lashes to the back with a whip. The punishment done publicly and afterwords his wounds cleansed with salt water.
    And if the victim dies, I call for a public hanging. Not joking.
    zonker1986 and TN_Mike like this.

Nothing new here. See A Clockwork Orange for examples of how bored, impoverished youth tend to make up their own entertainments. And they've done this, of course, since time immemorial. It's cheap, easy, and fun.

Well, to them it is, anyway. In the real world, people die or are terribly injured. Your job is to be a hard target.

Speaking of which, this video is highly instructional. Notice that the defender does not act until necessary. When he does, it's decisive, but not more than the situation requires. The vertical arm bar he applies is nicely executed, applied smoothly. He's trained well in something.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

The single most important aspect of self defense is awareness. Second preparedness.

A group -- usually young men or even boys as young as 12, and teenage girls in some cases -- chooses a lead attacker, then seeks out a victim.
    I wonder how it would go in court for the person that had to kill one of these young darlings.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I wonder how it would go in court for the person that had to kill one of these young darlings.

Michael
    Hopefully, the 'young darling' you speak of, wouldn't be there to testify.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Hopefully, the 'young darling' you speak of, wouldn't be there to testify.
    That would be a good thing. Nothing good happens late at night or in dark alley's. It's a pretty sad commentary on the youth of America when they get their kicks trying to kill old people. Where's Paul Kersey (Death Wish 1,2,3,4,5....) when we need him?

Sad state of affairs...

I deal with punks like this on patrol. Unsupervised packs of thugs, unfortunately for society most of these miscreants are raised in violence. Dad (or usually whomever momma is with) beats on her, and the kids. Then these bums group together and fight each other, violence is ingrained in their life. When you have to deal with violent punks, keep your head on a swivel, assume the worst, and have a plan to ruin their day.... Trust your gut instincts, if they look like trouble then they probably are. Be safe out there friends, Merry Christmas!
    Armey, oneshot and zonker1986 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttowndeputy View Post
    I deal with punks like this on patrol. Unsupervised packs of thugs, unfortunately for society most of these miscreants are raised in violence. Dad (or usually whomever momma is with) beats on her, and the kids. Then these bums group together and fight each other, violence is ingrained in their life. When you have to deal with violent punks, keep your head on a swivel, assume the worst, and have a plan to ruin their day.... Trust your gut instincts, if they look like trouble then they probably are. Be safe out there friends, Merry Christmas!

^^^^^^^^^^WHAT you mean profile??????????^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree.

To L with these politically correct imbiciles who say its wrong to do that.

If it walks like a thug, dresses like a thug, talks like a thug, guess what????????Its a thug until proven otherwise.

The ones that bother me are the Eddie Haskells of the world.
    They on the other hand are harder to spot.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Nothing new here. See A Clockwork Orange for examples of how bored, impoverished youth tend to make up their own entertainments. And they've done this, of course, since time immemorial. It's cheap, easy, and fun.

Well, to them it is, anyway. In the real world, people die or are terribly injured. Your job is to be a hard target.

Speaking of which, this video is highly instructional. Notice that the defender does not act until necessary. When he does, it's decisive, but not more than the situation requires. The vertical arm bar he applies is nicely executed, applied smoothly. He's trained well in something.
    I hate to be a wet blanket here but, while I agree that the level of force was appropriate and timely, I have to take issue with your notion that the restraint was well executed. I watched it in slow motion and here is what I saw:

The defender used his left hand to intercept the assailant's right arm, grabbing it somewhat lower than the midpoint, but not all the way down to the wrist, and sweeping it toward the inside and down. He then makes a mistake by repositioning his grip down to the wrist just above the hand. He brings his right hand in to bend the hand down and lever the arm up. The wrist lock is compromised because his left hand around the wrist is acting as a brace limiting the lock-up of the wrist joint. In fact, I would say it was pretty useless. The assailant was not taken off balance by the wrist lock but by being pushed backward across the car. At any time he could have brought his left hand into play against the defender. Basically, the defender used two hands to do what could have been done with one, and left himself defenseless in the process. He was lucky that the assailant was cowed by his prompt aggressive behavior.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post

Michael
    Possibly the phone video could be used against the perps if it could be found. Maybe they would post it on YouTube anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    And if the victim dies, I call for a public hanging. Not joking.
    I find myself wondering often now a days how the world would be different if we had public hangings again and the schools could still use the paddle on the troublemakers there. Things sure seemed to work better back in the days when this was the norm.
    zonker1986 and GoPackman like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links