How Many Extra Rounds or Mags Do You Carry?

This is a discussion on How Many Extra Rounds or Mags Do You Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by suntzu Thank you for explaining to me how to clear a type 3 malfunction. I will write that down. Get the gist ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: How Many Extra Rounds or Mags Do You Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Thank you for explaining to me how to clear a type 3 malfunction. I will write that down. Get the gist of the post and don't nit pick. I was trying to point out failures caused by a mag does not necessarily mean you need to discard the mag during a firefight.
    And am I suppose to search the forum everytime I post.....??? I am sure I am the only person here who does not do a search everytime. I have tried searches before and ya know what, I do not find what I want sometimes. Next time I have a problem forming a question sir I will ask you first for your advice.
    My bad. I thought you were looking for reasons why one would need to discard a mag. a misunderstanding on my part.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

2. Remove Ads

no problem

ya know i love guns and I am and have been all my life been addicted to them!!!

For my SW 915 (15 +1 9mm) by itself, or with 1 spare mag (15 rds). The Springer 1911 (8 +1 .45ACP) is my cold-weather gun, normally carried with 2 spare Wilson 47D 8-round mags.
    "A man's got to know his limitations." Inspector Harry Callahan

Quote Originally Posted by JMTrio View Post
    Just curious, how many extra rounds do you carry? I got the +2 mags for my Glock 26, and have been carrying 24 rounds. Also specify what gun, or at least revolver or auto. I'm figuring one extra magazine is all the extra weight I want to carry around all day.
    I carry one spare mag for my sub-compact XD. That gives me 30 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by tet4 View Post
    A little bit of an aside but lots of people ention carrying an extra magazine for a failure exercise. I just can't see how this makes a lot of sense. If you think your magazines will fail at the critical moment, while not just carry a bug instead?
    Because a spare mag is so much cheaper than a second gun?
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links