Finally got registered

This is a discussion on Finally got registered within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I`ve been reading here a few weeks and finally got registered so I can post. Sent my first CCW form on Nov. 2 and got ...

Thread: Finally got registered

Finally got registered

I`ve been reading here a few weeks and finally got registered so I can post. Sent my first CCW form on Nov. 2 and got it back in 3 weeks, made a mistake. Sent it back the next day and check posted on 12-1-11. Now I`m waiting and wishing I`d applied for the Utah permit. If I could get a refund or if I have to wait much longer that`s what I`m going to do. It`s just that I now have a bad feeling about it and would rather go for 31 states than the 19 we get here which is another not so good feeling about the wi.doj.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. If you haven't already, you might want to consider stopping by the new members section and tell us a little about yourself.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the permit process. It is a long wait that seems to take forever. Regarding your situation with respect to a non resident (Utah) permit, you would need to check your state's laws, but often times these won't cover you in your own state of residence, meaning you would need to get a WI permit anyway.

Hi Bigbang, welcome to the forum. Regarding carrying concealed with an out of state license, an out of state license is not valid for a Wisconsin citizen to carry concealed inside Wisconsin. I can't find the particular statute, but it is spelled out on the Wisconsin DOJ FAQ page. Sorry to hear about the problem with your license.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Thanks for the responses. I meant to post in the Wisconsin CCW. I recently found a website with maps showing reciprocity and it showed the Utah permit good here. The only snafu I found was that Colorado didn`t work with Utah non-resident. I`ll double check.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum. Except for your mistake, you'd have your permit by now. From what I read, they have up to 45 days to process the permit once received. Since you resubmitted and check was posted 12/01 that would put your permit arriving no later than mid-January. As you said, that was your fault, not theirs. As for the numbr of state your permit will be good in, it takes time for the other states to review WI law and see if the requirements meet their standards. I think you'll see a steday increase of the number of states that accept a WI permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome to the DC Forum from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Welcome from VA.

Welcome from a Tennessee boy living in Indiana.....for now.

let us know when you get the permit.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Welcome from a Tennessee boy living in Indiana.....for now.

let us know when you get the permit.
    mike how come ur in indiana if u want to be in tennessee. pack the u haul up

Links