Concealed carry permits up 270%...

This is a discussion on Concealed carry permits up 270%... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The number of Iowa's legally armed citizens is increasing. Ain't it grand? I like your avatar, rgbiker....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Concealed carry permits up 270%...

The number of Iowa's legally armed citizens is increasing. Ain't it grand?

I like your avatar, rgbiker.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    The number of Iowa's legally armed citizens is increasing. Ain't it grand?

I like your avatar, rgbiker.
    Thanks. I hope ZERO takes the hint.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    You know what is said about statistics...

Know Wisconsin is adding to the list! Believe Madison (the state capital), has been swamped processing permits. Having to add personnel. Also record gun sales statewide during this holiday season. I also did my part buying 3 handguns in the last 3 months.

I just gotta say this then I will feel better for a little while. I get people don't like guns. I get non-guns folks fear a large population of good folks carrying guns. What I DON'T get is, time after time, state after state, all their fears are PROVEN to be with out merit and yet they still fight for gun control. No amount of logic or proof seems to have an impact on anti gun people. Which,,, leads me to logically conclude reality has nothing to do with liberal thinking. That part I will NEVER get.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Timezoneguy View Post
    I just gotta say this then I will feel better for a little while. I get people don't like guns. I get non-guns folks fear a large population of good folks carrying guns. What I DON'T get is, time after time, state after state, all their fears are PROVEN to be with out merit and yet they still fight for gun control. No amount of logic or proof seems to have an impact on anti gun people. Which,,, leads me to logically conclude reality has nothing to do with liberal thinking. That part I will NEVER get.
    That reminds me of my ex wife in general. I finally realised that arguments are less about the truth or fact, and more about the way a person feels even if its irrational. The only thing we can do as individuals to change this perception is to be good ambassadors and make sure that we aren't the dumba** that we read about getting busted for brandishing or neligent discharge, or shooting someone after they cease to pose an active threat.
    Last edited by Chesafreak; December 30th, 2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Well with the economy destroyed and an anti gun presedent and no trust in the government period i expect those numbers to climb!! People are learning that receipe = more crime and a possible revolution. And they feel the need to arm them selfs which in return = more gun sales and more ccw permits across the board.

we're making progress. click picture to watch animation
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    That reminds me of my ex wife in general. I finally realised that arguments are less about the truth or fact, and more about the way a person feels even if its irrational.
    You nailed it. Most (if not all) gun control laws are based on "feel good" legislation, rather than any logic.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    It's good to see numbers on the rise. I suppose this means more people are starting realise guns are not so evil. Not only am I glad to see numbers on the rise, i'm also glad to see that more women who are starting to get their permits and carry as well. This is good for us and bad for the polie's because they seemed to get some women to belive gun controll was a good thing. Now we have more educated people on our side and more voting power to help keep the bad polie's out of office.

Good news. Iowans carrying for their protection. The freedom feels good.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links