Got my permit, first CC experience

This is a discussion on Got my permit, first CC experience within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My paperwork was ready with the Sheriff's office 12 days after I applied, but I could just now get to pick it up, 16 days ...

Thread: Got my permit, first CC experience

My paperwork was ready with the Sheriff's office 12 days after I applied, but I could just now get to pick it up, 16 days after application. Made my way over to the DMV for my state ID with CCW endorsement. Had to go to the doctors office (at the hospital, no gun zone in MO) so left guns at home. We then went out for some geocaching (if you have not tried or heard of it, and are an outdoors type, you gotta look it up on geocaching.com, SO FUN for wife, daughter and I) then headed to drugstore and Home depot. All the while I had my LCP in a recluse holster in my back pocket. I have been carrying same set up in my pocket around the house for a couple of weeks now, and was not much more aware of it while out and about then at home. I also have a SR9c and crossbreed supertuck, but with no COM or similar car safe, and not wanting to find a no guns sign at home depot or walgreens and have to leave it in the car, I decided just to go for the deeper concealment of the LCP.

Would you believe it? The gun never fired itself, and I had no desire to shoot any of the bike riders, hikers or runners we passed on the trail! Win-win!

So glad to be among the no longer defenseless.

Well done. Keep it up.

Congrats, stay safe, and keep learning.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Congrats on the new permit, but sorry about all the places MO has as off limits for CCW.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well, off limits insomuch as its not "illegal" to go there really, just that if they ask you to leave, and you don't, you can be charged with trespassing. Does anyone dispute that? or can you correct or elaborate?

Welcome to the club
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pkupmn98 View Post
    Would you believe it? The gun never fired itself, and I had no desire to shoot any of the bike riders, hikers or runners we passed on the trail! Win-win!
    You need to get that gun to a qualified gunsmith, it must be defective!

Congrats on your permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Congratulations on your permit. Glad to have you on the forum. You're smart to carry always and wise to avoid ever having to use it.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Congrats and carry on:)
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkupmn98 View Post
    Wow.. You're so lucky. <sarcasm> All of the rest of our guns just 'go off' on their own at least once a day. We also can't resist the urge to turn minor arguments into shoot-outs or to shoot every car that cuts us off on the highway. </sarcasm.>
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Welcome to our world and it feels good doesn't it?

Both my wife and I have our WV permits and carry. Now that I got her a new Ruger LCR for her b'day, I get to carry the LCP she used to.

I still carry the 9mm too, but the LCP is a dandy little pistol.

I take it with me when I go to play music ( I am a drummer.)

(sarcasm) You never know when I may have to shoot someone criticizing my playing. (sarcasm)
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Pretty soon, it will be like wearing socks!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sponsored Links