Conceal Carry Permit application

This is a discussion on Conceal Carry Permit application within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I submitted my CCP a month ago. I would like to purchase a handgun now, would having activity or a record of a new gun ...

Thread: Conceal Carry Permit application

Conceal Carry Permit application

I submitted my CCP a month ago. I would like to purchase a handgun now, would having activity or a record of a new gun purchase be any red flag that would prevent them from issuing the CC permit ??

2. Remove Ads

I wouldn't think so, considering you are applying for a permit to carry a concealed handgun???

VIP Member
    Actually it shouldn't even show up. The fact that you have a permit, or applied for one is not information entered into the NICS.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yjt0189 View Post
    I submitted my CCP a month ago. I would like to purchase a handgun now, would having activity or a record of a new gun purchase be any red flag that would prevent them from issuing the CC permit ??
    Not at all.

No. You must have an interest in guns to even try for a permit.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    No buy your pistol.

Get the gun, get the permit...no special order. Once you have the gun, get some training!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Only if you buy your new gun from an ATF agent in back of an IHOP at 3AM and pay for it with drugs.

Otherwise your good to go.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yjt0189 View Post
    Nope. Go pick one out and buy it. Rent some at local ranges to find out what you like if you don't alreadty know. Follow the rules for transporting it with out a permit whenever you take it to the range, and when you bring it home from the store. Get a box of ammo for it, get enough training or help from a knowledgable friend to handle the gun safely, and enjoy owning it. Once you have your permit, get some training, do some reading, and join those ofus who pack 24/7/365 everywhere it's legal.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Thanks for the insight and good suggestions,,,I didnt think so but i take the right to own arms and protection seriously and have found asking dumb questions is better than making dumb mistakes. I have and will continue to research and educate myself as well as train for the use of a gun for personal safety. I have done a lot of hunting but this is a whole new issue for me. I look forward to the new purchase,,,Thanks again.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    That wasn't a dumb question, now you know and you are ready to purchase. What are you picking out by the way? Be sure to post pics for us to drool over when you get it.

Links