Arizona still pushing for CCW on college campuses

This is a discussion on Arizona still pushing for CCW on college campuses within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Arizona legislators renew push for guns on campus...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sdprof

Thread: Arizona still pushing for CCW on college campuses

Arizona still pushing for CCW on college campuses

2. Remove Ads

Good for the legislators...

I do have a bit of a problem with forcing the Universities to provide lockers... at their own expense...

Don't know how to get around that... without infringing on the rights of the CC licensee. But I don't think it's incumbent on the university to supply free storage.

How about lockers like in a train or bus station... $0.25 for a locker? At least, over time the university could recoup costs.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I think it's just a matter of time. There are a LOT of individual universities that have movements ongoing across the country trying to bring attention to carrying on campus. We just need a few positive examples and the rest will follow suit.
    I work for a company that offers firearms training in Florida, Colorado, Iowa, Wisconsin and soon to be Minnesota. Please visit our website below or check us out on http://facebook.com/equip2conceal

www.equip2conceal.com

Main problem in Arizona is University Regents have control over carrying a gun on campus. New legislation would take that power from them.

Arizona Article 2, section 26 states: Bearing arms -

The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men.

There may come a time soon, that we will want as many American citizens armed as possible. We may need the "World's Largest Army" the American hunters for the defense of that which we love.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Good for the legislators...

I do have a bit of a problem with forcing the Universities to provide lockers... at their own expense...

Don't know how to get around that... without infringing on the rights of the CC licensee. But I don't think it's incumbent on the university to supply free storage.

How about lockers like in a train or bus station... $0.25 for a locker? At least, over time the university could recoup costs.
    Simple solution. Allow carry in the buildings.

What good is it to have your gun on campus, and have to secure it away when in class or library or wherever?
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

This ^^^

Hope something passes in AZ

Links