Montana CWP

This is a discussion on Montana CWP within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone! I am in the process of applying for my CWP in Montana and have some questions. I was a CWP holder from 2007-2011 ...

Thread: Montana CWP

Montana CWP

Hello everyone! I am in the process of applying for my CWP in Montana and have some questions. I was a CWP holder from 2007-2011 and I let my card expire. I submitted the paperwork again since it passed the expiration date for renewal. I will make this short and sweet. I have a misdemeanor class c conviction for receiving stolen property from 2007 in Utah and placed on Informal Probation(No PO), restitution etc. There were a couple of other charges including felony charges that were all dismissed during a preliminary trial\plea bargain. I was off of Information Probation in October and had my attorney reduce the conviction from a Class A Misd. to a Class C misdemeanor. Given that Montana is a Shall Issue state and the conviction that I have is not DV related etc, do you see any hold up for me getting my permit granted again? I know some states like Florida have a 3 year waiting period after probation.

2. Remove Ads

Man you need to talk to a lawyer or contact the issueing office.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Links