Vacation!

This is a discussion on Vacation! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone I just had a quick question for everyone. I am going to be going to good ole' Colorado here soon on a Skiing ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike
  • 1 Post By Elk Hunter
  • 1 Post By BkCo1

Thread: Vacation!

Vacation!

Hey everyone
    I just had a quick question for everyone. I am going to be going to good ole' Colorado here soon on a Skiing trip. I am going with my whole family + another family that are very close friends. We are driving from Nebraska. Now, I would really like to conceal on the trip because we will be there for 5 days. But I don't think it would be smart for me to carry on the actual slopes(I plan on falling often). So should I bring it and just keep it in a lockbox most of the trip? Or just leave it at home?

Also, is Colorado a pretty gun-friendly state? Or do they have lots of 30-06 signs that hold the weight of the law?

2. Remove Ads

You might as well leave it at home if your going to lock it up most of the time,because either way,it's not going to do you much good if you need it.I would figure out some way to carry and conceal it. Hope you have a good time on vacation and a safe trip.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

I'd take it, anytime you get to carry it, do so. Enjoy your vacation. Skiing, I am almost up to the "Bunny" hill!
    ccman likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Also, is Colorado a pretty gun-friendly state? Or do they have lots of 30-06 signs that hold the weight of the law?
    Colorado with the exception of a few pockets of liberal types is gun friendly but on the ski slopes and in the ski towns you're apt to run into all types. If you plan to carry on the slopes I recommend good concealment. As for signs, I haven't seen any in my part of the state. That may or may not be true in the front range cities. Denver itself is not a gun friendly town.

Lucky for you CO recognizes NE resident permits. No such luck being from VA. And my Utah non-resident permit won't help in CO either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd find a way to carry even on the slopes if it was me.
    ccman likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    I always carry, even when traveling. If you don't have one, get a COM safe so you can lock it up in your room while on the slopes and rearm when you come in from them.

I'm too old to be rolling down mountain sides, so I wouldn't have to worry about what to do with my gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Most of Colorado is gun friendly, as some have stated there are a few pockets namely Denver that are not friendly but you can carry. The COM safe works well for me, just be careful disarming if you do it in the parking lot. I have not skied for many years, but in my younger days I just wanted to point my skies down hill and go, I can't imagine falling on a gun. I also may have wanted to use it on a few inconsiderate people on the sloops.

You may run into a few shops in the ski towns that have 30-06 signs, but not many. Last time I was in Crested Butte my wife and I walked the town and visited many shops and resturants and did not see any signs. Not sure about the ski areas along I-70. One thing concerning signs I have found in Colorado is that some look like 30-06 signs but the print says no open carry, so concealed is OK. Read the sign to make sure and stay legal.

Have fun and keep the family safe.
    surefire7 likes this.

We don't have 30-06 signs. They can put up no weapons signs but unless they have magnetitic metal dectectors the signs don't count. They may ask you to leave. I carry concealed most of the time and open carry when it is convient to me with no problems. You should have no problems. I would not carry on the slopes. It hurts to fall on your gun!
    surefire7 likes this.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Smart Carry....

The way/number of times I'd fall, Smart carry= OUCH!
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Links