S&W BodyGaurd 380 - Page 2

S&W BodyGaurd 380

This is a discussion on S&W BodyGaurd 380 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; yeah over on some of the S&W forums alot of the early model had lots of problems with them, some had firing pins break on ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: S&W BodyGaurd 380

yeah over on some of the S&W forums alot of the early model had lots of problems with them, some had firing pins break on them dry firing, lots of them had sent the
    guns back several times, me and the wife looked at them not long ago and she got the Ruger LCP and loves it, and can shoot it very well... I think some of the serial numbers along with the EAA that had problems were EAH If I remember correctly ... if they have fixed the problems with them I think they are a great little gun, I love the looks of them and the feel...

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    I have a BG380. Infact this is my 2nd one. My first BG380 was one of the first 1000 serial number EAAxxxx and had some problems. I ended up sending it back to S&W 3 timess for different problems within not even a years time. After the 3rd time I asked S&W for a full refund of my purchase price. They accepted it and sent me a check. I went right around and cashed the check and purchased another BG380 because I like to very much. The one I have now has been problem free. I hope this helps. God Bless
    I just have to ask: With all the problems you had within a years time, why did you in your words "I went right around and cashed the check and purchased another BG380 because I like to very much"? I am just curious that is all. Sounds like you had a bad time with it.

I went online to see what the weapon looked like and ran across this thread from 2010. Be interesting to hear if these members ever had their problems resolved.
    Report: Problems with new S&W Bodyguard 380

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I just have to ask: With all the problems you had within a years time, why did you in your words "I went right around and cashed the check and purchased another BG380 because I like to very much"? I am just curious that is all. Sounds like you had a bad time with it.

When I purchased my BG380 back in July 2010, I knew that with a very early model, there would be a good chance I would have problems and I ended up having them. Everyone makes elons and has problems with early models, including glock. I really liked how good the BG380 shot and felt in my hand versus the Ruger LCP. Also even though there is no standard +P for .380acp, the BG380 can handle it and plan on purchasing some Buffalo Bore 100gr. hardcast .380acp for my BG380. Also when I first purchased my BG380 it cost me $475+ and I showed S&W proof of my purchase price and received a check for that amount including tax. However S&W dropped the prices of the BG380 and I was able to get a later model with serial number EAK for $300. I hope that helps. Happy New Year and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    When I purchased my BG380 back in July 2010, I knew that with a very early model, there would be a good chance I would have problems and I ended up having them. I also liked how good the BG380 shot versus the LCP. Also even though there is no standard +P for .380acp, the BG380 can handle it and plan on purchasing some Buffalo Bore 100gr. hardcast .380acp for my BG380. Also when I first purchased my BG380 it cost me $475+ and I showed S&W proof of my purchase price and received a check for that amount including tax. However S&W dropped the prices of the BG380 and I was able to get a later model with serial number EAK for $300. I hope that helps. Happy New Year and God Bless
    I was just curious thats all. I did keep myself from asking why you got a .380 LOL. Just kidding everybody

I bought that .380 and after one time at the range it was listed on armslist and was GONE!

I absolutely hated the trigger pull, my finger hurt after about 5 pulls... the laser sucked trying to turn it on and off.

I bought the Sig P238 and LOVE IT! The trigger pull is so much nicer than the BG .380.

I also bought the Ruger LCR .38 w/CT laser guard also LOVE IT!

Now I am on the hunt for a Ruger SP 101 9mm!!

I have a Springfield XD 40 subcompact and love it, also a SW Jframe 38+p and love it and bought a bodyguard two yrs ago and love it. I prefer the 40 but carry the 380 b/c it is easy to conceal and light. I have shot hundreds if not thousands of rounds out of the first two but catching up with the 380. My wife is also a ccw and shoots with me albeit not quite as often but I insist that she shoot at least once a month while in NV. We are also CCW non-res in CT. ( no good place to shoot in CT)

Hey everybody, I was at the range today to try out my Christmas gift from my wife, a Bodyguard 380... I was something to get use to. I shot about 100 rounds. I never handled a small defensive pistol. I have a M&P 45, a springfield XDm 9mm, and a S&W 38 air weight special. The recoil was deferent and I wasted some rounds due to missing the target entirely. I guess I will need much practice, but I still believe the BG .380 is a good carry to defend yourself from a low life.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

I have one in the EAF serial number range. It's been problem free and I usually run through a 100 round box on a range trip. The laser button issue is easily fixed; check the BG380 forum.

I almost bought one but didn't like the way the laser turned on. I ended up getting a LCR-LG and love it.

I really liked my BG 380. Great deep concealment, lightweight, great sights.

I didnt like the unbelievably long trigger pull but that's not why I got rid of it. I just wanted to move away from using .380 altogether.

So, I ended up getting an LC9. Now I have a little more firepower with almost as long of a trigger pull. :)

Quote Originally Posted by SwatMedic338 View Post
    I just wanted to move away from using .380 altogether.

So, I ended up getting an LC9. Now I have a little more firepower with almost as long of a trigger pull. :)
    +1

Ya know, a lot of folks want to move away from the .380, and I can respect that... I'm thinking of moving to .32... it worked for this guy: LINK to STORY

You'll notice the wallet style holsters nearest the arms of the person who successfully used the .32 in self defense. (not a type I like because of the open triggers)

Now, I don't want to get into caliber wars, that's not what this is about... It's about the successful use of your chosen defensive weapon. That requires practice, and in some cases, may require the element of surprise. A miss in 9 mm, or .45 or 20ga grapeshot, is still a miss...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by medmunds21 View Post
    Hey everybody, I was at the range today to try out my Christmas gift from my wife, a Bodyguard 380... I was something to get use to. I shot about 100 rounds. I never handled a small defensive pistol. I have a M&P 45, a springfield XDm 9mm, and a S&W 38 air weight special. The recoil was deferent and I wasted some rounds due to missing the target entirely. I guess I will need much practice, but I still believe the BG .380 is a good carry to defend yourself from a low life.
    Hey, thanks for the range report! I've heard that the recoil/control on these pocket guns can be different, and take some getting used to... The laser should help, but they can be hard to see during the day.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by medmunds21 View Post
    I was wondering what distances you were shooting. I started shooting from about six feet until I was able to get a better feel the gun. Then I gradually moved out to 20'.

I just can't see using the BG at greater distances because I think it's a GTH off me type firearm. But, I can see where using the laser can come in handy at greater distances; even if it's only a psycological.

-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links