S&W BodyGaurd 380 - Page 3

S&W BodyGaurd 380

This is a discussion on S&W BodyGaurd 380 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tcox4freedom I was wondering what distances you were shooting. I started shooting from about six feet until I was able to get ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: S&W BodyGaurd 380

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I was wondering what distances you were shooting. I started shooting from about six feet until I was able to get a better feel the gun. Then I gradually moved out to 20'.

I just can't see using the BG at greater distances because I think it's a GTH off me type firearm. But, I can see where using the laser can come in handy at greater distances; even if it's only a psycological.

-
    Do to the indoor range rules in my local area, you can only shoot 20' or longer. I know it sounds crazy due to the BG being for self defense for no more than 3', but i was just getting accustom to it.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Bodyguard 380

I've had mine for about six months now. I love it! It feels great in your hand, is easy to carry and seems to be pretty accurate for a small pistol. I've tried a handful of holsters and the only one I use now on a daily basis in the crossbreed mini tuck....... this holster is so comfortable that you almost forget you are carrying.

Interested what accuracy you are getting with bg380 or any small 380 (ruger etc). I ask this because someone at our range got a brand new one, stepped up at 50', and was about 2-3 FEET off target. At 25' he was still not hitting the paper! You could see the laser jump all over. This is a person who can hit the rings with his regular pistol at 50'. I know this wasn't designed to be used at 50', but I would think at 25' (distance across a long room) he would at least hit the paper!

At 15 yards I have no problem putting all the rounds rapid fire into the ten ring. The range I go to the minimum distance is 15 yards so I guess I am just used to it.

I love the bodyguard. Anytime I can carry, I do and no one can tell. Just looks like a wallet. Love the holsters from Recluse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    Interested what accuracy you are getting with bg380 or any small 380 (ruger etc). I ask this because someone at our range got a brand new one, stepped up at 50', and was about 2-3 FEET off target. At 25' he was still not hitting the paper! You could see the laser jump all over. This is a person who can hit the rings with his regular pistol at 50'. I know this wasn't designed to be used at 50', but I would think at 25' (distance across a long room) he would at least hit the paper!
    I have the same problem at 20'.... I'm trying to get use to it because it's new to me. When I am I found my pattern very low and/or just totally missing target. I wanted a .380 just for carry based on attire. I rather have some type of weapon to defend against a low life. And, its better than bring a knife to a gun fight

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post

Yes these small pistols are not made for target practice at 50 feet, however shots can be made from that distance or even greater consistently. My opinion is that just because a person can hit a target a 50 feet with their regular pistol that does not mean they can do the same with any pistol they picks up. Shooting these small pistols especially with the long heavy DAO triggers like the BG380 takes a lot of practice. Again in my opinion if you can master shooting these small SD pistols accurately, it will only enchance and help you with your larger guns with longer sigh radius and easier triggers. God Bless

Why did I go to the range today to get some practice shots to feel more confident with my weapon & the novice next to me has the same pistol &
    gets hurt from unjamming his gun & gets blood all over the place? I was totally disgusted because he had his laser all on my target & elsewhere!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links