S&W BodyGaurd 380

This is a discussion on S&W BodyGaurd 380 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife gave me a S&W BodyGaurd 380 for Christmas. I was very shocked & pleased. I wanted a LCP for carry but they were ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: S&W BodyGaurd 380

S&W BodyGaurd 380

My wife gave me a S&W BodyGaurd 380 for Christmas. I was very shocked & pleased. I wanted a LCP for carry but they were sold out at the time... I haven't shot it yet, because I'm still loving my XDm compact and M&P 45 at the range. Does anyone have the BodyGaurd???? What your take???

2. Remove Ads

I want your take. Go shoot it and let us know! :)
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

mrm
    I recently got the Bodyguard and it is easily 2 times the gun the lcp is, it is more comfortable to shoot and handles better, (it is a little bigger and has a harder time in jeans back pocket) but is worth it due to the ease of shooting. The laser is in the worst possible spot and is IMO only good for practice but was a nice touch anyway I suppose.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Quote Originally Posted by dooga View Post
    I want your take. Go shoot it and let us know! :)
    Same here. I want to hear how you like it after you shoot it.

With the modern design of ammo, the .380 is a viable option for self defense in my opinion, at least for a good deep concealed gun or a BUG.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by medmunds21 View Post
    My wife gave me a S&W BodyGaurd 380 for Christmas. I was very shocked & pleased. I wanted a LCP for carry but they were sold out at the time... I haven't shot it yet, because I'm still loving my XDm compact and M&P 45 at the range. Does anyone have the BodyGaurd???? What your take???
    A buddy of mine has a S&W BG380 that he has let me shoot. It is a very easy-to-shoot pistol, easy to aim with the built-in laser, and very easy to handle with respect to recoil (versus my Diamondback DB9 in particular). I think that the BG380 is the most shootable of the .380 pistols now on the market due to the laser. The trigger is quite good and easy to run without kicking the sights off of the target.

I appreciate the response/insight. I'm anticipating the experience of at least 100 rounds at the range. I truly believe in carrying for the comfort of protecting my family from lawless ppl. When I got an inside holster, it felt not only comfortable on my side, but I almost forgot I had a weapon of defense on me.

I have a Bodyguard 380 and love it. Only comes in second to my Glock 27.

-Be Safe-
    <><

All the ones I have seen had a stiff button to turn on the laser, and the safety isn't lefty friendly. If you are right handed carrying it as a BUG, or a lefty like me it's just an annoyance if you want to use it. The laser lens gets grungy when you shoot dirty practice ammo.

Other than those small issues I think its a decent .380.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

The BG.380 is my next planned purchase... I like it's trigger better than any of the other pocket .380's exception of the Kahr... but the diference to me between the two does not make the $$$ difference worthwhile for the Kahr.

Enjoy, and let us know how well you like it... don't forget to run some SD ammo through it as well to make certain of reliability between brands, etc.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    My wife & I just got back from the range. It was the first time with the BG380. I must say it is a VERY accurate little firearm. We were shooting out to about 20'; both with the laser and without. We were able to put every single shot in the 10 ring from that distance.

The BG 380 definitely has the BEST sights I seen on a pocket pistol! The sights made a good sight picture was VERY easy to aquire; EVEN with progressive lenses. (Seriously, aquiring a sight picture was easier than my 24/7 Pro C 45 or my XDM40)

The trigger really takes some getting used to. The trigger pull was longer than any other pp I've shot. It also felt a bit stiff and I had to increase trigger pressure several times during every pull. I caught myself jerking the trigger & anticipating recoil. But, the trigger pull was so long it allowed me to correct during the pull. (Thus every shot was within a 4" ten ring out to 20'.)

Overall, I give this little gun .

The BG380 is an excellent little gun, good for concealed carry and accurate. However IMO it is not a good range gun. You won't want to shoot it anymore after 50 rounds.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by medmunds21 View Post
    I have one and absolutely love it. It's great for summer carry as it's so concealable. Loaded her up with speer gold dots and haven't looked back yet. Your wife has good taste.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    My wife & I just got back from the range. It was the first time with the BG380. I must say it is a VERY accurate little firearm. We were shooting out to about 20'; both with the laser and without. We were able to put every single shot in the 10 ring from that distance.

The BG 380 definitely has the BEST sights I seen on a pocket pistol! The sights made a good sight picture was VERY easy to aquire; EVEN with progressive lenses. (Seriously, aquiring a sight picture was easier than my 24/7 Pro C 45 or my XDM40)

The trigger really takes some getting used to. The trigger pull was longer than any other pp I've shot. It also felt a bit stiff and I had to increase trigger pressure several times during every pull. I caught myself jerking the trigger & anticipating recoil. But, the trigger pull was so long it allowed me to correct during the pull. (Thus every shot was within a 4" ten ring out to 20'.)

Overall, I give this little gun .
    I'm heading out on Monday to the range to shoot my NEW defensive weapon. I hope to experience the same enjoyment & accurate shooting as you. Thx
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    I have one and absolutely love it. It's great for summer carry as it's so concealable. Loaded her up with speer gold dots and haven't looked back yet. Your wife has good taste.
    Do you have any available pics to post?
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

I have a BG380. Infact this is my 2nd one. My first BG380 was one of the first 1000 serial number EAAxxxx and had some problems. I ended up sending it back to S&W 3 timess for different problems within not even a years time. After the 3rd time I asked S&W for a full refund of my purchase price. They accepted it and sent me a check. I went right around and cashed the check and purchased another BG380 because I like to very much. The one I have now has been problem free. I hope this helps. God Bless

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links