pulled over for speeding while carrying

This is a discussion on pulled over for speeding while carrying within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got pulled over in beaver dam wis , by one of are locals for speeding .. looked at my cc and license and insurance ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: pulled over for speeding while carrying

Just got pulled over in beaver dam wis , by one of are locals for speeding .. looked at my cc and license and insurance and said thanks , i wont be writing u a ticket for the speeding . ( but while he was pulling me over 2 more cops came flying by with there lights on ! i was like oh crape what did i do now ! )

not sure were the fire was , but im trying to get my scanner working to see were they were off to
    " Innovations are what i leave behind for history "

Nam
    Glad it worked out good for you.

Awesome,
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

VIP Member
    Easy to avoid those situations. OBEY the speed limit. Next time you might not be so lucky.
    Eaglebeak likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Easy to avoid those situations. OBEY the speed limit. Next time you might not be so lucky.
    yea it was my fault , i wasnt paying attention . . will be watchin my speed from now on thats for sure . and i might add he was very polite and curtious .

i also felt myself getting a little nervous , being new to ccw's and not having been pulled over by an officer for some time .
    " Innovations are what i leave behind for history "

Quote Originally Posted by thieltech View Post
    yea it was my fault , i wasnt paying attention . . will be watchin my speed from now on thats for sure . and i might add he was very polite and curtious .

i also felt myself getting a little nervous , being new to ccw's and not having been pulled over by an officer for some time .
    That and people with CCW permits being a new thing the WI LEOs. Looks like you got caught by a good one.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Good stop by a good cop
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Why does this not happen to me!? Late at night, not paying attention, big downhill; he could have cared less that I had a permit. First speeding ticket in 15 or more years. Had to call in some favors.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I'm not in near the hurry I was in when I was younger.
    jace33 and Buckj like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    I have become much more observant of traffic laws since I began ccw regularly.

I am extremely careful not to speed and even use my cruise control in 25mph zones. But it is HARD not to go, say 42 in a 35 in a couple places here. Road changes from 40 to 35, then there's a big downhill and EVEN with cruise on, the hill is such that it creeps up. I never intentionally speed unless there's an 'impingement' going to happen (big truck trying to merge at the same time I go by, right hand lane over take where someone is going 5mph under and I don't want to be in his blind spot. Anyway, last speeding ticket I had was in 1989 (only had one in 45 years, so it's possible to stay under the radar, lol).

I haven't been pulled over since I began carrying. I have observed speed limits much more strictly since I got my carry license.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Thank you Mike1956. If you CC you should be obeying all the laws. If you speed you should get a ticket. If it was thiel's first time for speeding I can understand a warning etal. If the "speeding" was within say that 7mph I can understand the warning etal. Thiel makes it sound like he did not get a ticket solely because of his CCWP---prefer not to believe that.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I have had my share of speeding tickets in my 25 years of driving. I am here in Wisconsin and still waiting on my permit to show up in the mail. I think having a permit and carrying a weapon might help me avoid being stopped for speeding. I don't want to be pulled over and then go through the dilemma of should I or shouldn't inform the LEO. So I am going to be more careful of my speed from now on and avoid being pulled over in the first place. Take that you antis! Not only does CC reduce crime it also can be a cure for chronic leadfootedness.

I dont' know if anybody else noticed but it seems that with CCW permits, people are more apt to obey traffic laws. A very benefical side effect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links