wisconsin DOJ not meeting the deadline for applications submitted,read all about it.

This is a discussion on wisconsin DOJ not meeting the deadline for applications submitted,read all about it. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Concealed carry: Wisconsin Dept. of Justice not meeting concealed carry deadlines - WITI...

Thread: wisconsin DOJ not meeting the deadline for applications submitted,read all about it.

wisconsin DOJ not meeting the deadline for applications submitted,read all about it.

2. Remove Ads

Just some growing pains, they will get it under control....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

When you go from no permits allowed to anyone legal can have one, your going to get swamped. Just wait until Illinois comes around, you want to see a flood.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I remember after the 2008 election that FL had to hire more people to handle the surge in applications. This, too, will pass.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

All the extra days off from the holidays won't help the process, in my area Dec. 26th and today, the 2nd, have been "holidays" to most local governments...might be the same out there. Definitely annoying...

VIP Member
    As of Dec. 28, DOJ had received 64,832 applications, issued 36,373 permits
    Almost 65,000 applications in less than 2 months, and over half that number issued. When you throw in 2 holidays during that period, I think they're doing OK. Every new program is going to have growing pains.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    While the difficulty in meeting the timeline is understandable given the sheer volume of applications, it is noteworthy that the state earmarked only $236k to hire extra employees to process permits which have already generated $3.2 million in processing fees. Of the extra employees authorized, only half were hired. In the meantime, current employees are working OT in an effort to get the job done.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    The state dug its own hole by refusing to accept and process applications prior to Nov 1. I recall that when Iowa went shall-issue, thousands of applications were submitted before the law became effective, giving Iowa more time to process apps; many permits were issued immediately after the effective date.

I know it's little consolation to those waiting, but in reality I think that they are doing pretty good. I believe in Michigan they are allowed to take 30 days to get the paperwork done, and we have had shall issue for a while now. I am also glad to see that the number of rejected applications is so low. I think that shows that they are trying to be fair and not requiring absurd things, like, if you don't put a period after your middle initial when you sign the application, but do when you print yoru name, it gets rejected and you have to start over.
    Hang in there brothers and sisters in arms! You will get there!

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    The state dug its own hole by refusing to accept and process applications prior to Nov 1. I recall that when Iowa went shall-issue, thousands of applications were submitted before the law became effective, giving Iowa more time to process apps; many permits were issued immediately after the effective date.
    Your right, that would have made more sense however we have to remember that 48 other states came around before WI did. This state is slowly catching up with the real world, I don't know if we will live long enough to see Illinois follow suit. What bothers me about Wis was their inability to anticipate how many people would apply for permits. The anti-gun people were throwing out propaganda that their would be little interest at best and I believe the DOJ actually bought it. resulting in the slow processing times.

Anti gunners are already trying to figure out how long it will take to get them all back next year when they repeal it.
    As of now they getting better at it 50K issued number climbing everyday but we need to get more signed up or were going to lose it.

Links