My Last Gun...

This is a discussion on My Last Gun... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just did it again; I bought another 'last gun'! I have been told before that there is no such thing as a last gun. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Last Gun...

My Last Gun...

I just did it again; I bought another 'last gun'! I have been told before that there is no such thing as a last gun.

My first last gun, after many others, was my Beretta 9000s. I really grew to like it and it handled and carried well...that was all I needed.

The next last gun was my Kimber Pro CDP II; it was a beauty. Shot flawlessly right out of the box. Yep, that was all I needed!

Then the next last gun was my Kimber Ultra CDP II...ahhhh...just like the bigger Kimber, only a little easier to hide.

My real last gun was supposed to be a KelTec P-11 to easily tuck away on my Harley. A BUG for my other last guns!

Today...
    I just bought ANOTHER last gun...a Glock 36! Hadn't really been thinking about it, but I made the mistake of stopping in the gun shop for a 'look see'...as the shop just recently doubled its size.

Well there it was...like a new puppy wanting a home...a Glock 36. I thought I would just pet it a few times and then set it down. Wow! It really fit my hand, single stack, .45cal...I couldn't say no...

Help...anyone out there...is there any such thing as the "last gun?"

ret

2. Remove Ads

Not if Heaven has a gunshop
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Assistant Administrator
    The ''last gun'' to me will always be the one I last aquired before flipping this mortal coil.

My Obit' will read - ''Chris, the well know gun addict bought his last gun not two weeks ago - it was *insert make and model* ''

''He will be missed but the gun goes to *enter recipient here*
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    The ''last gun'' to me will always be the one I last aquired before flipping this mortal coil.

My Obit' will read - ''Chris, the well know gun addict bought his last gun not two weeks ago - it was *insert make and model* ''

''He will be missed but the gun goes to *enter recipient here*
    *enter recipient here* <-CLASS3NH..and BTW Chris.I STILL have my eyes open for that ever elusive Enfield you're looking for
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    May I make it to heaven 1/2 hr before the devil misses me at the gun counter.

I gave most of my guns to the boys so I don't have to clean them, but that only makes it easier to fill the holes with another "last" gun.

Congrats on your new baby!
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

i have a gun locker full of 'last guns'. nothing wrong with that. i love each and every one of them.

Assistant Administrator
    Hehe - thanks Bob - one day I may be lucky enough to find one. However, I am not loosing sleep on it.

Heck of a job anyways to get out enough these days to give all my ''friends'' the excercize they deserve
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Been at two gunstores all day considering my last gun...again. It's down to a collectible and Kimber; I need neither. I have 12 pistols on my carry permit, and as for the collectible, it is a Winchester 52 with an old Leichert(?) scope. My decision is maybe both should come home with me...
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

I have bought many last guns to replace my first one. Still though it is that old workhorse that I carry. but I have a nice safe full of pretty pistols.
    The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I agree there is no such thing as the last gun, although there is always next time. I only hope that I have enough ammo on hand for all of the last guns that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    *enter recipient here* <-CLASS3NH..and BTW Chris.I STILL have my eyes open for that ever elusive Enfield you're looking for
    HOLY CRAP AND A TRUCK LOAD OF ORANGES BATMAN!! IT'S BOB!!!

How ya been stranger!?!..... [End of thread hijack]

There should never be a "last" gun. We should all be thinking "first" gun...
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

VIP Member
    I figured long ago that there would never be a "last gun". They have all been "latest gun". It's a horrible cycle, isn't it? :)
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    I figured long ago that there would never be a "last gun". They have all been "latest gun". It's a horrible cycle, isn't it? :)
    Disgusting! Should we try to do something about it?
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    To steel a quote from an infamous bumper sticker; my last gun will be the one they pry from my cold dead fingers.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

VIP Member
    I may have to give all of the people who posted on this thread an "oxymoron infraction". Well, everybody but P95Carry, I don't rank high enough to give a Lead Moderator an infraction. I can do it to the rest of you. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves using the word "last" in conjunction with the word "gun". That is a worse oxymoron than "military intelligence."

So just remove the phrase "last gun" from your vocabulary and no one will get hurt.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links