Carry options at McDonalds today in Wisconsin

Carry options at McDonalds today in Wisconsin

This is a discussion on Carry options at McDonalds today in Wisconsin within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I stopped at McDonalds to catch a quick late lunch in Green Bay, WI. I saw the sign (pictured below) and pondered my options ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Carry options at McDonalds today in Wisconsin

Question Carry options at McDonalds today in Wisconsin

Today I stopped at McDonalds to catch a quick late lunch in Green Bay, WI. I saw the sign (pictured below) and pondered my options as a CCL holder. I had a small ruler in my pocket and measured it at 4" high, this does not meet the Wisconsin state law of a minimum of 5" X 7".

So here is what my options were.
    1) Carry it in concealed because the sign was not legal as defined by state law.
    2) Open carry, because that would be legal in Wisconsin and was not prohibited by the sign.
    3) Bring my business elsewhere.
    4) Leave my XD9 SC in my Nanovault under my truck seat.

I chose option (1) because it was so late (2:30PM) and had time constraints. Normally I would choose option (3). Also, I very rarely eat at McD's (for those of you that will critique my dining choice) :-) The rebel in me wanted to do option (2).

I'm just curious at to what others would do?

IMG_20120104_145350 McD.jpg
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" - Adolph Hitler, German Chancellor 1933

Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Today I stopped at McDonalds to catch a quick late lunch in Green Bay, WI. I saw the sign (pictured below) and pondered my options as a CCL holder. I had a small ruler in my pocket and measured it at 4" high, this does not meet the Wisconsin state law of a minimum of 5" X 7".

So here is what my options were.
    1) Carry it in concealed because the sign was not legal as defined by state law.
    2) Open carry, because that would be legal in Wisconsin and was not prohibited by the sign.
    3) Bring my business elsewhere.
    4) Leave my XD9 SC in my Nanovault under my truck seat.

I chose option (1) because it was so late (2:30PM) and had time constraints. Normally I would choose option (3). Also, I very rarely eat at McD's (for those of you that will critique my dining choice) :-) The rebel in me wanted to do option (2).

I'm just curious at to what others would do?

IMG_20120104_145350 McD.jpg
    If it's not properly posted, it's not posted.
    bassethound likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

I would have gone option 2. Nowhere do they indicate they don't want weapons. They only want to be able to see them. If they truly did not want weapons inside they would have put up a little square with a line like they did for bare feet, dogs, and roller blades. Or they would not have bothered to put "concealed" on the sign. They could have just as easily put "No weapons" on the sign.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I would have done just as you did and ignored the sign because it had no legal value.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I would have done as you did. I'm surprised they had it posted, I was just at my McDonald's in Manitowoc and did not notice any signs. If there is one, I'll take my business to burger king. You would think McDonald's wouldn't mind CHL in there business, after there track record with shooting deaths across America! I suppose the bad guys will obey the sign....

#4. Because if there's a no-guns sign, then you know that even if BGs are in there, they saw the sign too and aren't carrying.

Actually I'd go with #5: Don't carry where illegal (DMV, post office, etc). Illegal and "against company policy" are not the same thing (movie theaters, McDs), unless of course they have metal detectors (Kings Dominion, Disney World, some Museums).

Basically, for me, if the consequence for getting caught is Police, legal action, possible jail; I don't carry. If the consequence is being asked to leave the establishment (whatever that may be), I do carry. I guess that's the beauty of a properly concealed weapon.

Granted I live in VA, which is pretty much the Wild West of gun laws.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Anything but #4. Depending how hungry and cranky I was I am not sure between 1-3.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Definetly #2, they want to see what type of gun you have so they can see what people carry the most before they go out and buy their own.

VIP Member
    Sign??? There was a sign???
    MinistrMalic and BkCo1 like this.

#4. Because if there's a no-guns sign, then you know that even if BGs are in there, they saw the sign too and aren't carrying

Anything but #4. Really the BG's are not packing!?!?

Go to burger king..McDonalds gives me the runs...
    bandrich likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I looked at all the pictures, didn't see any gun!
    ncsteveh likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Anything but #4. Really the BG's are not packing!?!?
    Sorry, I thought it was so sarcastic that I didn't have to inflect it.
    natimage likes this.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

The only concern I have is that the signs carry weight of law in WI. Yes it was less than 5x7 but if someone sees the gun/bulge/holster and call the cops then your lawyer will have an argument but the local LEO may still take you out in cuffs. Then you can be the test case. Maybe open the door and shout your order to the counter and explain that you are not allowed to come in to pick it up.

Evidently I must be blind and not the vision impaired I am, where's the No Gun sign??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links